Computer Systems Technician ( 1 position )
Job advertisement : May 05, 2023
Publication cancellation date : May 19, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLBOL – FAO Representation in Bolivia
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Bolivia, Plurinational State of La Paz
Duration: 3 months ( with possibility of extension )
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Project “ Support for strengthening strategic governance, planning and coordination, monitoring mechanisms and evaluation of national MDRyT programs ”, contributes to the Government Priorities ( PG ) of Bolivia within the framework of the Bolivian MPP, in Nutritional Food Security with Sovereignty, Ecological agri-food systems, community and peasant family farming and the comprehensive and sustainable management of forests, water and biodiversity of the Ministry of Rural Development and Lands ( MDRyT ). As well as SDGs 16.6: Create effective and transparent accountability institutions at all levels and SDG 2.4 By 2030, ensure the sustainability of food production systems and apply resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production,contribute to the maintenance of ecosystems, strengthen the capacity to adapt to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters, and progressively improve the quality of the soil and land of the Plurinational State of Bolivia. The Project has the impact of contributing to SDG 16.6: Create effective and transparent accountability institutions at all levels and SDG 2.4 By 2030, ensure the sustainability of food production systems and apply resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production, contribute to the maintenance of ecosystems, strengthen the ability to adapt to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters,and progressively improve the quality of the soil and soil. Likewise, achieve a result in favor of the Ministry of Rural Development and Land ( MDRyT ) having a Program Unit, consolidated in budgetary and governance terms, for monitoring and monitoring the implementation, impacts and evaluation of the 12 national MDRyT investment programs. The project requires hiring 1 Technician in Computer Systems, for the following work base: Work Base: The project requires hiring 1 Technician in Computer Systems, for the following work base: Work Base: The project requires hiring 1 Technician in Computer Systems, for the following work base: Work Base:
The Technician will work under the supervision of the Assistant Representative (Programs), and must carry out their functions permanently, according to office hours.
Field of specialization
Planning, evaluation and/or monitoring of projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- In coordination with the MDRyT, it will develop the planning for the implementation of the Project in the foreseen times and the technical follow-up of the activities, for the achievement of the indicators and products.
- Support the team in the construction of the mechanisms that will identify the main problems regarding the institutional capacities of the MDRyT and the Programs Unit.
- Support the preparation of the report on the technical and legal criteria for the design of implementation of a unit of programs accompanied by the monitoring, follow-up and evaluation system of the MDRyT.
- Support the team in the construction of mechanisms and technical tools to transfer skills and abilities for the formation of the MDRyT program unit in all its areas and needs.
- Support in the elaboration of a map of actors (internal and external) and develop the integration mechanisms of the same with the program unit for its operation.
- Support the structuring of the guidelines of the Program Unit, and development of the proposed functions, competencies, processes and procedures, including the unit’s professional profiles, for subsequent approval by the internal technical-administrative mechanism of the MDRyT.
- Support the preparation and development of instruments for training and proper management of the system, including workshops for personnel assigned to manage the system.
- Support the preparation of the guide for process flows and procedures, according to the modules developed, articulating the project portfolio managed by the program unit.
- Establish the technical guidelines for carrying out the pilot test, verifying the adequate implementation of the tools and modules developed ( software and hardware ) that allow the evaluation of the technical and financial monitoring, follow-up and evaluation system of programs / projects.
- Develop the conceptual and technical aspects of the modules that make up the M&E system, which allows the proper management of the proposal for the monitoring, follow-up and evaluation plan of the program / project portfolio.
- Develop the technical criteria to establish the database in a sustainable and long-term manner with respect to software and hardware, which allows the proper administration and management of information.
- Assist in the training of MDRyT technical staff to manage the program/project monitoring, follow-up, and evaluation system.
- Preparation of periodic reports requested by the FAO monitoring team.
- Validation with the MDRyT technical team on the proposal of functions, competencies, processes and procedures of the Programs Unit.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional degree in related areas: Computer Systems Engineering, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or other related fields.
- Courses related to Databases, Development of computer systems for monitoring, follow-up and evaluation of programs and projects.
- Professional experience of at least 5 years in development of utility computer systems for the monitoring and/or evaluation of programs and projects.
- Professional experience of at least 3 years in Technical Assistance and training in programs and projects.
- Working knowledge of Spanish
- Bolivian nationality.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For all other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES