Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Adolescent Girls and Young Women & Prevention Services
Job type: Full time
Supervisor: Director of Finance, Procurement & CMS
- With the Technical Director at the Country Office, the Technical Officer will provide technical and programmatic oversight to the Adolescent Girl and Young Women (AGYW) component of the National Aligned HIV/AIDS Initiative (NAHI) grant.
- This will include coordinating and driving the implementation and monitoring of interventions targeted at adolescent girls and young women across implementing States.
Duties and Responsibilities
- With the Technical Director, coordinate the delivery of prevention services to vulnerable groups especially to AGYW.
- Provide day to day guidance to implementing states on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for HIV prevention services including reproductive health (SRH) services, and gender-based violence (GBV) mitigation and post-violence care for AGYW.
- Ensure layering of services for HIV prevention in AGYW.
- Work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation staff to define data needs related to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for AGYW and Prevention programming.
- Recommend evidence-based improvements in the delivery of AGYW and Prevention services.
- Work with sub-recipients and staff across implementing states to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD / B.Pharm / BSc in Nursing or a similar Degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS and Adolescents & Young People programming with sound understanding in provision of HIV prevention and treatment services in resource constrained settings.
- MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS and Adolescents & Young People programming with sound understanding in provision of HIV prevention and treatment services in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Substantial experience in the following technical areas: HIV prevention for priority populations including adolescents and youth; positive dignity, health and prevention, social and behavior change communications, community development, gender and/or gender-based violence.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections and needs of adolescents and young people
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online