Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader, USAID Integrated Health Midterm Performance Evaluation
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Timeline: May 2022 – September 2022
Scope of Work
- In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti to implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID/Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to the implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
- USAID/Nigeria has engaged the MEL Support Activity to conduct an external Midterm Performance Evaluation of an integrated health activity.
- This Activity aims to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services.
- The primary purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance is meeting the stated development objectives and to inform the design of USAID’s next generation of healthcare interventions in Nigeria. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Activity.
- The estimated start date will be May 15, 2022. The evaluation is expected to last until September 2022, and the estimated LOE will be 72 days, maximum.
- Under the technical leadership of the MEL Support Activity, The Team Leader will be working alongside four Nigerian team members.
- The Team Leader will consult with and facilitate input from all team members throughout the duration of the evaluation.
- The Team Leader will oversee and lead on major evaluation activities, including the evaluation design, methodology development of instruments, data collection, synthesis of data, presentations, and preparation of the final report with team contributions.
- Provide leadership for the team and coordinate activities as necessary.
- Coordinate with USAID/Nigeria.
- Oversee the work plan and ensure all team members are contributing expertise and technical inputs.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Coordinate team’s ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the Inbrief and Out-brief to USAID/Nigeria and other stakeholders as requested.
- Write the draft Evaluation report with support from the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the Out-brief presentation.
- Respond to USAID comments on the draft report and prepare a final report.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
The candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Economics, Demography, Sociology, Research or related field.
- Minimum of ten years of experience leading and conducting evaluations of public health programming ranging from health system strengthening, health financing and health policy reform etc., including demonstrable understanding of health system context in a low/middle income country.
- Demonstrated experience in health financing or health promotion within the African context.
- Strong background in designing or managing development assistance programs international conflict with West Africa expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in public health capacity building and policy reform, with preference to those with considerable working experience in Nigeria with institutions and civil society organizations.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience in preparing scientific, well-written technical reports and making verbal presentations, explaining issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Oral and written communication and presentations skills in English.
- Experience facilitating and providing leadership in collaborative and participatory research with multiple stakeholders and donors.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis, early submission is recommended.
- SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.