Position Title: Supply Chain Officer
Duty Station: Gaziantep, Republic of Türkiye
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 06 February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Senior Supply Chain Officer in Ankara, in close coordination with the Head of Sub-Office in Gaziantep and Senior Resources Management Officer in Ankara, in close collaboration with the
Regional Office (RO) in Vienna and the Supply Chain Division (SCD) at Headquarters (HQ), the
Supply Chain Officer will be responsible and accountable for implementing and overseeing the Supply Chain activities in Gaziantep, guided by the Supply Chain Management (SCM) objectives to deliver the needful goods, services and works to the beneficiaries at optimal costs and in a timely manner.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the strategic planning for the Supply Chain related activities in GaziantepSupply Chain Hub, in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the relevant support units at HQ.
- Conduct Logistics Capacity Assessment and Market Research to keep abreast decision-makers about the local market trends and developments; analyze statistical data and market reports on the commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods, works and services.
- Coordinate, oversee and provide first-line support and guidance to all Supply Chain related tasks, including planning, budgeting, scheduling and provision of goods, works and services needed. Prepare regular progress reports, statistical information and briefing notes, as required.
- Lead, supervise and monitor all Supply Chain related activities and elements in GaziantepSub-Office, including procurement, warehousing, transportations and distributions, customs clearance, fleet management, assets and facilities management, logistics information management and reporting, and provide support, guidance and training to the relevant SC staff with respect to the related policies, rules and regulations.
- Identify Supply Chain bottlenecks and challenges and propose solutions to optimize the processes and fill up the gaps to ensure beneficiaries receive needful goods and services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Review all procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance in terms of quality, prices, and timely delivery of goods/services. Maintain a pool of qualified vendors.
- Solicit bids, quotations and tender documents, oversee bidding process and provide support for executing the procurement transactions, analyze the offers assuring conformity to specified requirements; conduct appraisals and select vendors, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and agreements, supervise the preparation and processing of the orders, and ensure receiving authorization in line with the CO’s Delegation of Authority (DOA) matrix.
- Liaise with the programme management and provide technical support in preparing and issuance of “Call for Proposals and Quotations” for the tendering process. Ensure bidding processes are conducted fairly, transparently and in accordance with the existing procurement rules and regulations.
- In coordination with relevant parties, ensure timely submission of the assets, procurement and other reports within the CO, Regional Office and relevant HQ departments, as appropriate.
- Establish and manage a robust appropriate internal control mechanisms for the SupplyChain Management process to safeguard the Organization’s assets and prevent fraud, while ensuring that country specific administrative procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the Organization’s rules and regulations.
- Support and monitor the maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Contribute to the establishment of maintenance agreements with competent service providers, when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
- Provide training and guidance to the Supply Chain staff, while monitoring, evaluating and supporting their professional and career development.
- Participate and actively engage in the UN inter-agency meetings and forums related to Supply Chain management. Collaborate on sharing resources to achieve common goals and implementation of UN global initiatives.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Procurement, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations, Supply chain; and,
- Demonstrated experience in training and managing large teams of co-workers, managing vendors and suppliers.
- Diverse experience working on complex projects and emergencies, specifically meeting timelines and milestones
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of logistics/procurement related subject areas
- Working experience in the region is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of IOM/UN internal procurement and financial rules, as well as IOM’s system and processes as they apply to procurement and logistics; and,
- Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
- Excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of either Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 06 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 17 Supply Chain Officer (P3) Gaziantep, Turkiye (57940723) Released
Posting: Posting NC57940724 (57940724) Released