Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Short-Term Technical Assistant (STTA) – Program Assistant, Peace Dialogue PPPP
RFQ Number: RFQ-YOL-05-22-0011
Reports to: The Program Manager
Estimated Period of Performance: June 15th, 2022 – August 30th, 2022
Estimated Level of Effort: Around 40 days
From: Creative Associates International, Inc., on behalf of Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection)
Funded by: USAID/Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005/72062021F00005
Creative Associates International (Creative) through United States Agency for International Development Nigeria Mission (USAID/Nigeria) funding is implementing the Nigeria Northeast Connection (NE Connection) program: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria. This program aims to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states in northeast Nigeria.
- Program activities will be implemented directly by NE Connection staff or through local actors (i.e., grantees), with close oversight and technical assistance from program staff. In Adamawa state, Northeast Connection has identified Demsa, Guyuk, Lamurde, Mubi North, Mubi South, and Numan as target Local Government Areas (LGAs) for intervention.
- The objectives of the NE Connection program are to ensure that:
- Resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict enhanced.
- Local capacity to respond to emerging threats developed.
- As earlier presented, the program is implemented primarily through small grants at the community level, designed to address specific problems or requests hinging on learning and recommendations from quarterly research.
- Activity processes are as important as activity outputs in contributing to the program’s strategic goal. Program objectives are not met solely by performing tasks under an activity, but also through an inclusive locally led process that brings the community together to realize goals and foster positive engagement.
- The STTA Program Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day facilitation and coordination of all activities under this intervention which include Consultations and Stakeholders Engagement, Community/Stakeholders Town hall Meeting, Centralized Peacebuilding Dialogue, Peacebuilding Novelty Football Match, and Final Expanded Dialogue for Peacebuilding.
- This entails providing adequate dialogue guidance, agendas dialogue facilitation, and taking notes of all proceedings across Guyuk, Lamurde, Demsa and Numan.
- The STTA will work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily and the consultancy is expected to be for a period of 40 days including the initial kick-off / debriefing meeting, the number of days for report writing.
- The STTA will work with specific guidance from NE Connection Team.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Lead Facilitator shall work with the Program Officer, and report to the Nigeria Northeast Connection Program Manager under the Adamawa state portfolio.
Tasks to be Performed
Primary responsibilities of the STTA will include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate Community/Stakeholders Town hall Meeting in Guyuk, Lamurde, Demsa and Numan LGAs in Adamawa State
- Coordinate and facilitate Centralized Peacebuilding Dialogue in Numan LGA, in Adamawa State
- Coordinate and facilitate Peacebuilding Novelty Football Match in Numan, Adamawa State
- Coordinate and facilitate Final Expanded Dialogue for Peacebuilding in Numan LGA, Adamawa State
- Develop dialogue contents to be approved by Northeast Connection
- Write a detailed report for each activity carried out under this grant as well as a final report.
- To assist in detailed feedback and on outcome harvest, including lessons learned and outputs/outcomes and activity highlights.
Results and / or Deliverables:
|Submission of activity work plan that suggests efficiencies and outlines timelines and steps that will be taken to facilitate the community stakeholder town hall meeting, centralized peacebuilding dialogue, peace novelty football match and expanded dialogue for peacebuilding. Submission of activity report on kick-off and planning meeting||5||June 15, 2022||30%|
|Submission of community town hall meeting agenda, issues identified during the town hall, topics for discussion during the dialogue sessions. Facilitation and coordination of dialogue session in each LGA, methodology to adopt. Submission of detailed reports for all the activities including pictures and photographs on approved NE Connection template||21||July 10||20|
|Submission of detailed report for the organize peace novelty match and coordination of participants. Reports to include pictures, photographs and group photos with participants during and after the novelty football match.||4||July 30||30|
|Submission of detailed outcome report from the developed action plans including success stories, recommendations from the dialogue sessions.Submission of detail final report to NE Connection for review and approval.||10||August 20, 2022||20|
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- University Degree or HND in Development Studies, Political Science, International Relations, or any related field.
- Have evidence of 4 yearsof experience of past work-related engagement in the northeast
- Familiar with Adamawa State’s social, cultural, and political context
- Experience in providing technical and organizational support and capacity building
- In-depth knowledge of northeast crises trend with engagement experience in Adamawa State
- Equipped with a sufficient level of awareness and knowledge on Peacebuilding, conflict mediation, cohesion, and CVE
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Good technical facilitation capacity.
- Excellent documentation skill is required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet datelines.
Estimated Total Cost
Daily rate should be around NGN13,482.00
Application Closing Date
5:00 PM: 27th May, 2022.
Questions Due Date
2:00 PM: 24th May, 2022.
Method of Application
All Correspondence and / or Inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) must reference the above RFQ number and be directed via email to: Procurement@connection-nigeria.com Creative intends to award afixed price consultant agreement but reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award.
Please submit the following documents to provide a Quote in response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the scope of work AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the scope of work.
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the scope or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Any questions should be submitted in writing and emailed to: email@example.com no later than the above date. No questions will be entertained if they are received by means other than the specified email address, and any communications to alternate e-mail addresses may result in the disqualification of the bidder.
- The RFQ number listed above should be stated in the Subject line.
Answers to Questions:
- Answers will be compiled and distributed before close of business on 05/25/2022. Sincerely, Creative Associates International.
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and AnnexesB/C/D (W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable)are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity.However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the same medium/website where the original solicitation is posted. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please click HERE.