Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is a service-based human rights organization with a global heritage that is established under the laws of Nigeria with a mission to engage as a lead and global player with a variety of stakeholders to create access to opportunities and resources for comprehensive healthcare and social and economic justice for all.
- Experience 5 – 6 years
- Location Bayelsa , Edo
Heartland Alliance Ltd-Gte is currently implementing a USAID funded Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Lagos, Edo, and Bayelsa States. Implementation is targeted at promoting new and underutilized partnerships to accelerate the achievement of the HIV epidemic control in Nigeria through the delivery of high impact HIV prevention, care, and support services to general populations who are living with HIV and those at risk of contracting HIV.
The program is intended to provide evidence-based services that will deliver measurable results by addressing programmatic and systems barriers to epidemic control, including but not limited to, the following areas: HIV Case Finding and Linkage (HTS), Adult Care and Treatment, Pediatric/Adolescent Care and Treatment, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT), Cervical cancer screening, TB/HIV Care, Laboratory, Health Systems Strengthening to Support Clinical Services, Expertise with the Private Sector and Operations and Implementation Research.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the consultancy below:
Title: State Consultant, COVID-19 Vaccination
Location(s): Bayelsa & Edo states
Persons Required: 2 (one in each state)
Employment Type: Short Term Hire
Contract Duration: Three Months with a possible extension
The COVID-19 vaccination Consultants will in close collaboration with the SPHCDA and other Partners in implementing states coordinate the rapid scale-up and acceleration of COVID-19 vaccine uptake and coverage rate among General Populations with a special focus on hard -to- reach and underserved populations and Immunocompromised populations inclusive of PLHIV in compliance with the Service Delivery, Communication, Accountability, Logistics, EMID and Supervision (SCALES 3.0) strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and strategic oversight for the management of COVID-19 vaccination activities in Edo and Bayelsa states.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of COVID-19 vaccination campaign activities.
- Support the design and dissemination of COVID-19 risk communications messages in conjunction with the HALG team.
- Collaborate with key government stakeholders including, FMOH, NPHCDA and their State counterparts to optimize COVID-19 vaccination coverage across Bayelsa and Edo states following national goals, policies, and strategies.
- Support the optimization of facilities for COVID-19 vaccine delivery with a special focus on facilities with high uptake of other services (OPD, ART etc.)
- Support vaccination activities across Bayelsa and Edo and ensure achievement of assigned targets across the 3 states.
- Provide technical direction and assistance in the facilitation of training, Risk Communication and Community Entry (RCCE) demand generation and COVID-19 vaccination service delivery.
- Engage stakeholders and coordinate with other vaccination IPs to strengthen efficiency and eliminate duplication of efforts.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings and represent HALG at functions, symposia, workshops, and the like appropriately.
- Work closely with the finance and operations team to design and implement a project workplan and ensure it can deliver on targets with efficient use of resources.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of all project activities including success stories, lessons learned, and regular service statistics.
- Support capacity building on immunization and related activities for all project staff.
- Submit regular reports on project activities to HALG HQ and USAID, ensuring that reports are in line with HALG and USAID requirements.
- Perform other related duties for program management as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Experience planning and working in public health programs in Nigeria. Immunization/vaccination Program experience is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID and other donors.
- A Health or related degree (MBChB, BSc Nursing or related degree) with over 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data use for decision making.
- Experience in disease outbreak response and familiarity with COVID19 vaccination is an advantage.
- Experience in vaccination campaign implementation for outbreak response and other routine immunization activities.
- Familiarity with the Government of Nigeria policies and regulations and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government officials (at all levels) to strengthen program implementation.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with local and international partner organizations.
- Excellent skills in program decision- making, facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and pressure to perform.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to implementation regions, districts, and health facilities including COVID-19 vaccination outreach sites.
- State-specific implementation work plan (first 3 month, then one year) in alignment with State’s Microplanning document.
- State level activity report detailing trajectory of vaccine coverage rate, Lessons learnt from the field and recommended changes if any.
- Reports of capacity building sessions.
- Regular Stakeholders engagement and relationship management report.
The proposed start date for the assignment is from 10th August 2022. The consultancy is for an initial period of 3 months with possible renewal up to a year.
- State-specific implementation work plan (first 3 month, then one year) in alignment with State’s Microplanning document. —One off with review as needed and approved.
- State level activity report detailing trajectory of vaccine coverage rate, lessons learnt from the field and recommended changes if any. – weekly.
- Reports of capacity building sessions – as needed.
- Regular Stakeholders engagement and relationship management report – weekly.
This position will report directly to the Regional Consultant with dotted reporting line to the Deputy Chief of Party- ACE 6 project.
This is a short-term contract working on a full-time basis.
Budgeted Monthly fee
The budgeted monthly fee for the contract is NGN500,000.
Method of Application
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Consultants should submit a detailed resume to [email protected] not later than August 2, 2022.
Application must state full name, the position and preferred location as the subject of the email.