Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/Gte (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-profit organization dedicated to improving access to qualitative healthcare, Education and Economic strengthening services in Nigeria. Our staff includes expert in health, Education, Social works, youth, Civil Society and research. Our LOCATE project;
- Experience 2 years
- Location Delta , Ekiti
Location: Ekiti State (2 positions)
Job Summary: The candidate must be domiciled in the state and be conversant with the terrain. S/He is expected to build the capacity of frontline Healthcare workers to provide quality HIV clinical services offered as part of a comprehensive package of care in both public and private facilities as well as in communities.
- Provide on-site clinical training to health care workers on HIV treatment according to the national guidelines, including adult and pediatric ART and the treatment of tuberculosis and other opportunistic diseases.
- Provide training through clinical consultation, assisting local health care workers to identify key bottlenecks affecting patients’ access to antiretroviral therapy (ART) and helping them with direct patient care as needed
- Provide continuous medical education (CME), which may include didactic training sessions to health professionals, as needed. All training will be in accordance with the national guidelines.
- Provide health worker capacity building sessions using various methodologies (including use of project ECHO, low bandwidth video conferencing).
- Assist as requested with facilitating sessions on the weekly ECHO video-conferencing sessions with health workers from various sites in the states
- Develop standard operating procedures for the provision of HIV clinical care at the health facility in collaboration with the Ministry of health and other stakeholders. This may include troubleshooting problems with the patient flow, tracking defaulters, or clarifying referral pathways by developing appropriate algorithms
- Submit a monthly report on training and technical assistance activities, as well as findings and recommendations for strengthening services in the health facility and compliance with the national treatment guidelines
- Perform other duties related to clinical mentoring as assigned
- Must possess a degree in Medical Sciences (MBBS or equivalent). Post graduate qualification/Masters level training in Public Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Obstetrics will be an advantage.
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
- At least 2-3 years’ experience with clinical HIV and AIDS care, including the provision of antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience with program planning, assessment, and implementation of HIV clinical care program. Experience in the provision of HIV clinical training
- Previous experience in HIV-related operational research is an advantage
- Good knowledge of current trends (national and international) in HIV clinical care and service delivery
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary HIV clinical teams for effective service delivery
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds – Ability to apply problem-solving skills to ongoing challenge.
- Strong organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills
- Sensitivity to different cultural working environments
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and write reports
- Capacity to operate both as a team player in large diverse teams as well as individually. – Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in the computers and software/applications such as presentation software, spreadsheets, and video conferencing.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: [email protected] .
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERRED LOCATION as the SUBJECT of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.