CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2302506
Specialist of the Training Center in Public Policies
Job advertisement : Aug 18/2023
Publication cancellation date : Sep 8, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: RLC
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: Consultants
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Home-Based
Duration: 6 months renewable
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The activities are part of the regional project “ Support for the Hunger Free Latin America Initiative ” GCP / RLA / 160/SPA and more specifically in the Baby 2 component of said project “ Training Center in Public Policies ” ( FAO Training ). The Public Policy Training Nucleus is a technical team specialized in e-learning, dedicated to designing, implement and evaluate training strategies to strengthen technical capacities linked to FAO priority themes. It is integrated into the Project to Support the Initiative for Latin America and the Caribbean without hunger ( IALCSH ), of the Spain FAO Program, from the FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Training Nucleus offers training proposals in different modalities such as: self-learning courses, virtual courses with tutor, blended-to-face, communities of practice, seminars and Webinars, among others.
The consultant will work under the general coordination of the Technical Officer of the Spain-FAO Fund and coordinator of the project to Support the Hunger-Free Latin America Initiative and direct supervision of the coordination of the Training Center in Public Policies.
Field of specialization
The holder must provide support to coordination in the negotiation and exchange with both internal and external counterparts, and in the fulfillment of the activities of the Training Center in Public Policies, safeguarding the quality of each product and its alignment with FAO policies. In addition, support FAO country offices in the Region in contributing to their programmatic approach.
Tasks and responsibilities
It is expected to provide coordination support in:
- Accompany the production and advancement process of products and team management
- Identify needs for training and development of solutions, promoting the use of available resources
- Support the systematization of processes and preparation of documents on the project cycle and the historical balance of the area.
- Support articulation with programs, projects, national governments and other strategic actors
- Articulate with Headquarters in Rome, Virtual Learning Centers, academic and university centers and other partners outside the region
- Participate in external events to present the FAO experience Training in academic bodies and international organizations.
- Support in the design and implementation of the programmatic approach to capacity development in the Region
- Support the implementation of the capacity development safeguard
- Coordinate the team’s communication area
- Support in the coordination, writing and editing of dissemination materials for FAO activities Training: notes, brochures, social networks, reports, publications, etc.
- Participate in the FAO Communicators Network in the region.
- Supervise the coordination of tutors and systematization of start, implementation and closing of courses.
- Support the supervision and general review of training courses and products.
- Support the supervision of virtual events: seminars, conferences, webinars or other synchronous formats.
- Manage the administrator profile in Moodle ( for the specific functions of this profile ).
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- University degree in Education, Journalism, Social work, Psychology, Communication, Marketing and / or related areas
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in communication, production and / or implementation of e-learning projects
- Practical knowledge of Spanish ( C level ) and limited knowledge ( B level ) of English. For PSA, only practical knowledge of Spanish can be required.
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Master in Communication or related subjects.
- Desirable experience of working at FAO and knowledge of institutional dynamics
- Relevant experience in working with e-learning projects
- Windows office tool domain ( PPT, Word, Excel ) and virtual work platforms ( zoom, team, one drive, Moodle, etc )
- Knowledge and management of Moodle platform ( administration )
- Good writing of texts in Spanish and English
- Ability to systematize information and report
- Constant updating in new educational platforms and improvement proposals
- Desirable level C of English
- Desirable experience in coordination tasks
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help, contact: [email protected].
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For information about other job opportunities visit the FAO Employment Website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered. We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term. If you need help, contact: [email protected].
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE