Specialist in Protected Areas and Productive Entrepreneurship for the GISBB Project GCP / BOL / 053 / GFF ( “ GEF Chaco ” ) ( 1 position )
Job advertisement : Jul 10, 2023
Publication cancellation date : Jul 24, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLBOL
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Bolivia, Plurinational State of
Duration: 3 months ( with possibility of extension )
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Project “ Strengthening the comprehensive and sustainable management of biodiversity and forests by indigenous peoples and local communities in fragile ecosystems of the Bolivian Chaco dry forests” GCP / BOL / 053 / GFF, presented by the Bolivian Ministry of Environment and Water and approved by the Vice Ministry of Planning and Coordination of the Ministry of Development Planning in its capacity as the operational focal point before the GEF has been declared operational as of November 1, 2022.
On the other hand, on September 7, 2022, FAO has received the Project Document “ Strengthening the comprehensive and sustainable management of biodiversity and forests by indigenous peoples and local communities in fragile ecosystems of the dry forests of the Bolivian Chaco ”, signed by the GEF Operational and Political Focal Point in Bolivia, Vice Minister of Planning and Coordination Carlos David Guachalla, of the Ministry of Development Planning.
The objective of the project is to expand and internalize the Integrated and Sustainable Management of Biodiversity and Forests ( GISBB ) in comprehensive territorial planning, through strengthening governance for its implementation and monitoring, and thus increase the resilience of life systems ( means of life ) in the fragile ecosystems of the dry forests of the Bolivian Chaco region and advance towards the Neutrality of the Earth degradation ( NDT ). The Project will be implemented in the municipalities of Villa Vaca Guzmán, Huacareta, Boyuibe, Monteagudo, Cuevo, Macharetí, Huacaya and GAIOC Charagua Iyambae.
It is worth mentioning that the Ministry of Environment and Water ( MMAYA ), through the Vice Ministry of Environment, Biodiversity, Climate Change and Forest Management and Development ( VMA ) and the Vice Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation ( VRHR ), are the monitoring and coordination entities for the operational and technical management of the Project to be implemented by FAO as the implementing agency of the GEF and the Ministry of Environment and Water/VMMA of Bolivia as executing entity.
Work base: The workplace is defined by the project’s intervention area, being the Monteagudo work base with displacement to communities in the Municipalities of Monteagudo, Villa Vaca Guzmán, Huacareta, Boyuibe, Monteagudo, Cuevo, Macharetí, Huacaya and GAIOC Charagua Iyambae.
The Specialist in Protected Areas and Productive Entrepreneurship will work under the supervision of the Assistant Representative, the National Project Coordinator GEF and THE Project Coordinator.
Field of specialization
Agricultural, forestry, environmental, economic sciences
Tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare the strategy to support the management of national protected areas, departmental and municipal to strengthen governance for the Comprehensive and Sustainable Management of Biodiversity and Forests for Land Degradation Neutrality and design and implement the necessary training programs.
- Lead the process of development and implementation of the protected areas management model for the management of biodiversity and forests in a comprehensive and sustainable way.
- Prepare the diagnosis of the current situation of productive and / or community ventures, related to forests, biodiversity and soils, with a gender and intergenerational approach.
- Establish and strengthen Community Economic Organizations – OECOMs, Associations and / or Community Productive Entrepreneurship around the Comprehensive and Sustainable Management of Biodiversity and Forests.
- Implement strengthening strategies for the production and marketing of productive and / or community ventures related to forests, biodiversity and soils, with a gender and intergenerational focus.
- Link the requirements and / or needs of the ventures in the territorial plans PTDIs, PGTC, POAs and other planning and financing instruments.
- Formulate proposals and projects at the profile, ITCP and other levels to support ventures and/or initiatives for the Comprehensive and Sustainable Management of Biodiversity and Forests for Land Degradation Neutrality, within protected areas.
- Prepare guides, technical documents, research and studies in coordination with other specialists, implemented within the framework of the project.
- With the GISBB implementation consultant, execute the different Community Action Plans ( Sustainable Forest Management Plans – GFS and Sustainable Land Management Plans – GST, Indigenous Territorial Management Plans – PGTIs, Indigenous Peoples Life Plans, Non-Wood Forest Products Management Plans, Comprehensive Forest Management Plan, GISBB production plans and others for NDT ).
- Provide Technical Assistance in the design, implementation and management of sustainable production systems ( silvopastoral, agroforestry, agroecological systems and other initiatives ) around productive ventures and plans GFS, GST, PGTIs, Protected Area Management Plans, which contribute to the neutrality of land degradation.
- Organize events for the exchange of experiences and / or technical exchange with producer families to facilitate the implementation of sustainable production systems.
- Promote the dissemination, dissemination and communication of the subject of Land Degradation Neutrality, the scope of the Nationally Determined Contribution ( NDC ) 2021 – 2030, advances and challenges in biodiversity conservation and soil recovery, restoration and conservation.
- Report the means of verification that respond to the indicators of the Policy and Strategy for the Management of Biodiversity and Forests and the Policy of Neutrality of Land Degradation.
- Record and document the evolution of initiatives to build GISBB’s Good Practices and Lessons Learned for NDT.
- Prepare progress reports according to requirement.
- Others that are assigned by the supervisory bodies.
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional with a bachelor’s degree ( national provision title ) in agricultural, forestry, environmental, economic and branch sciences for purposes.
- Postgraduate degree and / or specialization in topics related to: agrobiodiversity, biodiversity, agroecology, rural development, community economy and project formulation.
- Minimum work experience of 5 years in topics related to: Agrobiodiversity, biodiversity, agroecology, rural development, community economy, project formulation and work with indigenous peoples.
- Minimum specific experience of 3 years of participation in the execution of projects and / or initiatives related to: Agrobiodiversity, biodiversity, agroecology, rural development, community economy and project formulation
- Bolivian nationality
- Excellent handling of Spanish, spoken and written
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
IN THE LOCALS OF FAO IT IS FORBIDDEN TO SMOKE