Consultant in Local IT Support for Country Office in Paraguay
The IDB Group is a diverse, versatile and passionate community of people, united to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean. Those who work with us find a purpose and do what they like best in an inclusive, collaborative, agile and rewarding environment.
About this job
We are looking for a consultant to give Local Information Technology support ( I ) for the Country Office. As an IT consultant, you will provide and maintain a reliable and efficient IT environment at the Country Office ( Representation ) in Paraguay. You will work on the IT Team, which is part of the IT department. This team is responsible for the computer hardware ( servers, workstations and laptops ), telecommunications equipment, mobile devices and office equipment ( scanners, printers, photocopiers ).
This is what you will do
- Provide user support to IDB Group personnel located in the Representation in Paraguay to maximize the use of IT tools ( hardware, software, connectivity, training, etc. )
- Support the maintenance of IT infrastructure, including workstations, servers, audiovisual services, telecommunications, and local providers.
- Collaborate in the implementation of initiatives, serving as a link with other IT areas.
- Ensure that operational documentation is updated and duly registered in tickets, reports, reports, etc. As appropriate.
Responsible person: Leader of the ITE / ITO team at headquarters.
This is what you need
- Education: Bachelor or Computer Science Engineer or equivalent, verifiable work experience. Knowledge in: MS Windows 10, MS O365, communication platforms, mobile devices ( Android / iOS ), MS Active Directory, VMWare / DVDI and computer maintenance. Desirable practical knowledge of ITIL processes for incident management, service requests and knowledge database. Certification is an advantage. Knowledge of the ISO 9001: 2015 standard and continuous improvement frameworks is an advantage.
- Experience: At least two years of experience in the IT field. Experience in customer service and support activities. Project Management Experience, based on the PMI standard is an advantage.
- Languages: English proficiency and one of the Bank’s other official languages ( Spanish, French or Portuguese ) are required.
In addition to what is listed in previous sections:
- General knowledge in the area of servers, networks, telecommunications, audiovisual devices and office equipment ( scanners, printers, copiers ).
- Ease of written, verbal and body communication.
- Willingness to learn and excel continuously.
- Empathy and active listening.
- Proactivity and creativity are an advantage.
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of Paraguay or a citizen of one of our 48 member countries, with residence or legal permission to work in Paraguay.
- Consanguinity: He has no family members ( up to the fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including the spouse ) who work at the IDB, IDB Invest or IDB Lab.
Type of contract and duration
- Type of Contract: Full-time national consultant
- Duration: 12 m eses
- Workplace: On site
What we offer
The IDB Group offers benefits that respond to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include:
- A package of competitive remuneration
- License and vacation: 2 days per month of contract + parental leave without distinction of gender.
- Health insurance: the IDB Group provides a monthly allowance for the purchase of health insurance
- Savings plan: The IDB Group cares about its future and, depending on the duration of the contract, will receive an allocation for a monthly savings plan.
- Work schedules flexible e hybrids
- Health and wellness: Access to our Health Services Center that offers employees preventive care and health education.
- Development support: We offer learning opportunities to improve your professional profile, such as seminars, individualized professional advice, and much more.
At the IDB Group, we work for all people to do their best and bring their true selves to work, be willing to try new approaches without fear, be held accountable for your actions and receive compensation for them.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and the Sense of Belonging ( DEIB ) are the pillars of our organization. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and encourage women, LGBTQ +, people with disabilities, people of African descent and indigenous people to apply.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations to participate in the job interview process. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request reasonable adaptations to complete this request.
Our Human Resources Team thoroughly reviews each request.
About the IDB Group
The IDB Group, made up of the Inter-American Development Bank ( IDB ), IDB Invest and IDB Lab, offers flexible financing solutions to its member countries to finance economic and social development through loans and subsidies to public and private entities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
About the IDB
El Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo tiene como misión mejorar vidas. Fundado en 1959, el BID es una de las principales fuentes de financiamiento a largo plazo para el desarrollo económico, social e institucional de América Latina y el Caribe. El BID también realiza proyectos de investigación de vanguardia y ofrece asesoría sobre políticas, asistencia técnica y capacitación a clientes públicos y privados en toda la región.
- External Opening Date: Jul 13, 2023
- External Closing Date: Jul 26, 2023
- External Contact Email: email@example.com
- External Contact Name: HR Service Center
- Job Field: Technical Support