Specialist in Food and Nutrition Education ( EAN )
Job Announcement : 10 / May / 2023
Date of cancellation of publication : May 24, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLECU
Type of position : Temporary work
Requisition Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Ecuador-Quito
Duration: 2 months with the possibility of extension
Post Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The post is located in the office of the FAO Representation in Ecuador, located in the city of Quito to support pillar 1 “ Transition to healthy diets for better nutrition ” of the Country Programming Framework 2022-2026.
The Food and Nutrition Education Specialist ( EAN ) reports their activities to the Representation Program Officer.
The specialist will provide technical support in the implementation of edu-communication strategies in food and nutrition education ( EAN ) in coordination with the Government to promote better nutrition and production within the framework of the Food-Based Dietary Guidelines ( GABA ) of Ecuador .
Tasks and responsibilities
- Accompany and provide technical inputs for the inclusion of the training tool of the GABA of Ecuador in the FAO training core.
- Manage the training of GABA facilitators for national, subnational and local government counterparts, academia, civil society, private companies, among others, through the virtual course for GABA trainers from Ecuador integrated into the FAO training core.
- Provide technical inputs for the development and updating of the web page of the GABA of Ecuador.
- Manage the systematization of successful experiences of the Food Coalition between Ecuador, Colombia and El Salvador.
- Develop an edu-communication strategy for the promotion of local products that generates and promotes diverse, healthy and nutritious recipes, to empower the AFC.
- Generate technical information for the food and nutrition education component within the framework of the GABA of the Sustainable Schools model for the development of the digital tool that facilitates the monitoring, follow-up, and evaluation of nutrition-sensitive social protection programs.
- Accompany, monitor and evaluate the MSP and relevant actors in the implementation of the edu-communication campaign of the GABA of Ecuador for people over 2 years of age, under the guidelines of the campaign technical document.
- Summon, facilitate and follow up the Inter-Institutional Steering Committee ( CRI ) and the National Technical Board ( MTN ) for the construction of the GABA for the first thousand days.
- Prepare the technical document of the GABA for the first 1000 days within the framework of the National Strategy Ecuador Grows Without Child Malnutrition in coordination with the MTN and approval of the CRI.
- Prepare technical inputs for the process of preparing the design and graphic line of the GABA for the first 1000 days, ensuring compliance with the agreements established by the MTN and the CRI.
- Contribute to the validation process of GABA messages and images for the first 1,000 days.
- Manage the processes of publication of documents and edu-communication materials related to the EAN that are developed in the course of the projects, such as: the GABA technical document for the first thousand days, the systematization of successful experiences of the Food Coalition, among others, in coordination with the Technical Manager of Institutional Relations and Strategic Communication of the Representation.
- Provide technical inputs and follow up on compliance with the products requested from contracted suppliers within the framework of the food and nutrition education component.
- Guarantee the correct use of the budget allocated to the food and nutrition education component.
- Support the generation of technical information for the annual operating plan and procurement and contracting plan.
- Bring specific and specialized knowledge to new project ideas.
- Provide technical support in the implementation of methodologies and activities aimed at the execution of the project.
- Actively participate in technical meetings with allied personnel for the development of the project.
- Generate the information on the process and results of the project to make the integral management visible to strategic partners, donors, the government and relevant actors.
- Provide information required for knowledge management activities for project results (systematization, communication, awareness) directed at project beneficiaries and within FAO.
- Periodically report the progress of their specific activities in the projects in accordance with the defined monitoring system.
- Prepare and present regular technical information based on the activities.
- Execute activities that allow the technical, operational and administrative closure of the project.
- Identify and collect data for the visibility of good practices and recommendations for future interventions.
- Carry out other tasks of a technical/operative/administrative nature within the framework of the activities carried out by FAO Ecuador as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Third level degree in nutrition and related areas.
- Minimum proven experience of 3 years in food and nutrition education.
- Practical knowledge of Spanish language C level.
- National of Ecuador
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach.
- Establishment of effective relationships.
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of edu-communication tools that contribute to food and nutrition education such as Food-Based Dietary Guidelines ( GABA ), among others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Strategy Ecuador Grows Without Child Malnutrition.
- They provide skills to work in multilateral environments that involve interaction with public institutions and national and international actors.
- Aptitude for teamwork.
- Full time availability with office presence.
- Availability to travel to different sectors of the country.
- Supporting documents work experience
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For all other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES