Technical Advice Connect LTD/GTE (TAConnect) is a non-profit organization registered in 2021 and based in Nigeria to bring innovative solutions to the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) services across Africa.
- Experience 6 years
- Location Abuja
This job description (JD)/scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Specialist, Human Resources & Operations to Technical Advice Connect LTD/GTE
(TAConnect), a non-profit organization registered in 2021 and based in Nigeria to bring innovative solutions to the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) services to states in Nigeria.
Background: TAConnect was established by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) to deliver tailored and cohesive support to states in Nigeria by strengthening their PHC systems and enhancing PHC service delivery. As an innovative platform, we respond to state TA priorities to promote sustainable improvements in state Primary Healthcare (PHC) systems’ performance and increase uptake of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child, and Adolescent Health and Nutrition (RMNCAH+N) services. We value trust and transparency, excellence, teamwork, respect, innovation, and sustainability, in all our program operations and stakeholder engagement.
The Specialist, Human Resources & Operations, under the direction of the Director of Finance, Administration and Operations, will provide strategic HR business partnership and operational management systems in the overall management and implementation of Human Resources & Operations Policies, Procedures, Guidelines, and Tools. He/she will ensure adherence to TAConnects’ corporate and office policies, donor regulations, and business processes in the aspects of HR and operations management. Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Coordinate full cycle recruitment and selection processes, directly recruit senior-level positions, adopt best practices in advertising and sourcing best talent, in compliance with established procedures and regulations including, but not limited to; review of job descriptions (JD)/scopes of work (SOW) and interview questions/answers and summaries,
- shortlisting and pre-screening candidates, conducting reference checks, and negotiating offers of employment
- Ensure JD/SOWs are accurate and consistent with the TAConnects’ job leveling/cadre and role alignment guide
- Review all new hire paperwork are processed and personnel files are complete and compliant with TAConnects policy, local labor laws, and donor regulations, and ensure
- confidentiality and safety of the personnel data
- Provide adequate staff training on TAConnects policies, procedures, and learning & development plans, to perform the job to the best of their ability and are assimilated into TAConnects culture
- Work closely with supervisor on communication to staff and labor law compliance, and help to ensure a positive and thriving work environment for all staff
- Conduct regular audits, and keep updated on local labor laws and HR best practices
- Ensure employee manual is up to date, communicate changes when applicable
- Ensure all HR management practices conform to the policies, best practices, donor rules and regulations, and the local labor laws
- Serve as the well-versed point of contact for HR and Operations in response to employee requests, interpret, and advise staff on TAConnects, and donor policies and procedures
- In partnership with the leadership, define and review the in-country salary scale and benefits plan and communicate changes or updates
- Manage and administer staff benefits and compensation as stipulated in the Salary scale document and labor laws requirements, discussing any requirement changes or suggestions for improvement to the Director of Finance, Administration and Operations or assigned specialist’s attention
- Implement employee benefits, such as insurance, liaising with companies providing such benefits as needed to ensure quality services provided
- Process monthly HR payroll/timesheet on a timely basis, ensuring completeness and accurate documentation, and ensure all staff are properly oriented and trained on the
- completion and submission of monthly Timesheets Initiate staff exit process and complete clearance forms before final pays are processed
- Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, conducting training on goal setting, organizing development activities, one-on- one meetings, and performance improvement plans with supervisors and employees
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual performance evaluation process and implement annual merit increases, promotions, and salary adjustments, where applicable
- Facilitate employee relations; participate in investigations to resolve issues/conflict in the workplace with close collaboration with the Director of Finance and Operation and
- Establish a clear, open, and confidential communication channel/system for staff and act as an impartial mediator in the investigation of wrongdoing, i.e: sexual harassment,
- harassment, fraud, advise disciplinary processes and ensure they are administered equitably and fairly and align with TAConnects policies and all legal and labor regulations and requirements
- Manage, train, mentor HR and operations team; develop a detailed capacity-building plan, including performance objectives, commitment to TAConnects’ development initiatives
- Identify and implement mechanisms to ensure cooperation, communication, and teamwork within the HR and Operations team
- In collaboration with supervisor, actively engage in building trust with staff at all levels and in all roles, adopting various methods to understand the support needs, concerns, and
- stress levels of staff, developing supportive staff care plans that improve the morale; social, physical, and psychological well-being of staff, and fostering a positive working environment
Actively participate in assigned/delegated meetings, and leading sessions, where required
- Develop and implement a systematic strategy for the management of Office operations, including office administration/partitioning requirement and adequate planning and
- management of logistics/travel operations, including visas, advances, transport, and accommodations needs for the TAConnects’ office, setting up procedures and standards
- to guide the operations; ensure that results are measured against standards and best practice
- Manage the HR and operations Budget, Tracking and Reporting tools; including recruitment and personnel management trackers, procurement tracker, IT and inventory
- tracker, Org chart, and Listservs, and coordinate all HR and Operations reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) preparation for management meetings and decision-making
- Coordinate Inventory and HR and Ops Database Management of all assets within and outside Abuja, as well as coordinating insurance renewal of assets and ensure the closeout
- of any claims.
- Manage HR and Operations records and ensure they are kept up to date and in line with TAConnects data privacy requirements
- Maintain vendor relationships to ensure timely receipt of goods/services and payment processing, and manage business accounts of third-party service providers
- Ensure that proper administration and logistics systems and procedures are followed in the procurement of goods and administration of services. Review maintenance
- requirements and recommend necessary repairs/routine maintenance of office equipment
- and vehicles and evaluating new equipment. Manage TAConnects Fleet and vehicle assignments/usage.
- Oversee event and conference planning, local and international travel logistics, warehouse, office requisition, and other administrative tasks. Take minutes/notes of
- attended meetings and prepare reports for responsive follow-ups.
- Ensure proper supervision and management of the store, office consumables, and office supplies, and implement tracking systems for office printing and stationery supplies,
- monthly invoice reconciliation, and service reviews. Take custody of petty cash administration and management
- Design and implement innovative solutions that will improve the HR and Operations processes and deliver effective program support systems in TAConnect
- Oversees facilities and office management functions and supervises the performance of the operations team; Admin Associate, IT, Procurement, Security, and Compliance, when
- delegated by the supervisor
Perform all other tasks as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or an advanced diploma in Human Resources Management, Sociology, Psychology, Social Sciences, or related field. Professional certifications in
- Project Administration/Project Management, Project Operations will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience, 3 of which must be in HR and office operations and at least 2 years in leading and supporting teams for medium to large development projects and/or organizations
- Experience working for an NGO, company, or donor implementer in Nigeria is preferred
- Prior experience in managing project start-up and close-out processes will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills with a keen sense of confidentiality, high levels of professionalism, and organization operations management skills
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Strong knowledge of Nigerian labor laws, administrations of personnel benefits/taxes, and implementation of project operations are required; and previous experience interacting with legal and labor counsel is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, willingness to adopt continuous improvement approaches
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience in the use of information systems, such HRIS’s and OIS’s and tools. Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint suite is preferred.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in English
The Specialist, Human Resources & Operations will report directly to the Director of Finance, Administration and Operations.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their comprehensive CV, Cover Letter and Portfolio as a single document (PDF or Doc or Docx.) to [email protected] using the
Job Title “Specialist, Human Resources & Operations” as the subject. All applications should be sent on or before 21st October 2022. TAConnect will only contact candidates that
are successful at this pre-qualification stage. More information about TAConnect can be found on the TAConnect website: https://www.taconnect-ng.org