Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Security Manager
Requisition Number: REGIO001487
Location: Asokoro, Abuja
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Summary of Role
- Pathfinder seeks a Regional Security Manager to identify and mitigate safety and security risks in the region of West and Africa and to contribute to global risk monitoring and crisis management.
- Pathfinder’s Security team identifies, communicates, and mitigates known safety and security risks to Pathfinder representatives.
- While Pathfinder does its utmost to mitigate these risks, by virtue of where we work, some remain. Pathfinder strives to ensure that staff members are aware of the risks involved in their work and that systems, procedures, and resources are in place to manage risk and respond to emergencies.
- Security management at Pathfinder strives to (in priority order):
- Reduce and manage risk to individual staff members
- Enable impactful program activities under difficult security conditions
- Protect Pathfinder’s property and reputation
- The Regional Security Manager ensures the safety and security of staff and resources, developing and implementing security, crisis management, and emergency preparedness plans and procedures, as well as contributing to policies in these subject areas.
- In addition to monitoring, detecting, and reporting suspicious, unsafe, or criminal acts that may be a threat to the region, the Regional Security Manager will monitor global events that could impact safety and security. This includes providing security briefings to travelers and delivering hostile environment training to staff.
- The Regional Security Manager is responsible for ensuring Pathfinder safety and security standards are being met by their portfolio. To achieve that, they will curate and implement security and emergency preparedness training for Security Focal Points (SFPs) in each country in the region.
- They will periodically provide security and emergency preparedness training and travel briefings.
- The Regional Security Manager will work report to the Senior Manager, Operations, and will work coordinate with other security staff and Security Focal Points (SFPs). They will work closely with Country Directors and program staff in Nigeria and the region to support the portfolios of these country offices.
Crisis Management and Emergency Preparedness:
- Develops and implements emergency preparedness plans to protect , lessen the impact of emergency events, and recover and return to normal operations after an event. Contributes to global crisis management planning in addition to regional planning.
Global Event Monitoring:
- Monitors global and regional events to assess and mitigate risks that could impact the health or safety of Pathfinders in the assigned region.
Security Policy and Plan Maintenance:
- Maintains Pathfinder-wide security policy and participates in developing security policy. Establishes and maintains up-to-date security plans for Pathfinder offices. Works with the Senior Manager, Operations, regional Country Directors, and Security Focal Points (SFPs) to ensure appropriate safety and security measures and benefits are in place for staff affected by emergencies
Safety and Security:
- Conducts safety and security assessments and safety drills.
- Provides regular safety and security briefings for staff, including best practices during travel. Provides trip-specific safety and security briefings for travelers prior to departure and/or upon arrival.
- Provides training that ensures a safe and healthy work environment, including emergency preparedness training and hostile environment training.
Administration of Policies, Contracts, and Equipment:
- Manages insurance policies related to safety and security, manages security contracts and surveillance and alarm equipment.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years of security, military, law enforcement, or emergency services ,
- 5 years equivalent field experience in organizational Security Risk Management may substitute for Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to obtain valid, required security license(s) by the local state or country
- Ability to communicate well in English (verbal and written), particularly in a crisis situation
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations, Emergency Management, or similar area
- Eight (8) years of professional security , including at international NGOs or UN Agencies
- International security experience
- Public health security experience
- Strategic and managerial experience
- Ability to communicate well in French (verbal and written), particularly in a crisis situation
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- Less than 30%
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.