Specialist for the development of the procedures manual and indicator sheets
Job advertisement : May 05, 2023
Publication cancellation date : May 19, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLMEX
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Mexico-Mexico City
Duration: 3 months
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Altépetl Bienestar Program is the only program to support Conservation Land ( SC ) in Mexico City ( 9 municipalities in the south of the city, where most of the natural resources are concentrated ), which with its 5 components ( i ) Well-being for the Forest, to conserve, protect and restore the forest areas of the SC of Mexico City; ii ) Sowing Vida Mexico City with the purpose of contributing to well-being and social and gender equality, through the granting of economic and in-kind aid that ensures income above the rural well-being line in SC; iii ) Well-being for the Countryside, promoting agroecological production, sustainable livestock farming and the management and use of wildlife; iv ) Facilitators of change, to provide technical assistance to beneficiaries of the Altépetl Bienestar Program for the component Sowing Life Mexico City and Well-being for the Field; v ) Development of Capacities and Rural Well-being, to professionalize the performance and actions of the beneficiaries of the program, as well as prioritize actions tending to the phytosanitary and zoosanitary management of productive activities in the SC helps the inhabitants of said region to conserve ecosystems there present.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Representative of FAO Mexico Programs
Field of specialization
Project evaluation, rural sector.
Tasks and responsibilities
The evaluation specialist will be in charge, among others, of:
- Prepare your work plan aligned and detailed with that of the evaluation consultant.
- Organize and direct the workshops for the elaboration of the Manual of procedures of the Altépetl Bienestar Program with the operational officials of the program.
- Carry out and keep track of the Minutes of the sessions, meetings and workshops for the preparation of the Procedures Manual.
- Prepare the Procedures Manual for the Altépetl Well-being Program.
- Make the formal presentation of the Manual of Procedures of the Altépetl Bienestar Program.
- Organize and direct the workshops for the elaboration of the Indicator Sheets of the Altépetl Bienestar Program with the operational officials of the program.
- Carry out and keep track of the Minutes of the sessions, meetings and workshops for the preparation of the Indicator Sheets.
- Prepare the Indicator Sheets for the Altépetl Well-being Program.
- Make the formal presentation of the Indicator Sheets.
- Prepare for final agreement report.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional in economics, agricultural economics, agronomy, anthropology or social sciences, with an emphasis on the rural sector.
- Experience of at least 3 years in areas of planning with a focus on results, evaluation of projects and public policies, with knowledge of the Logical Framework methodology and causal analysis tools
- Practical knowledge of the Spanish language (level C).
- National of Mexico.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Knowledge in the elaboration of Manuals of procedures
- Knowledge in the elaboration of Indicator Sheets
- Knowledge and proven experience in program monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to organize and lead workshops with officials
- Analytical capacity and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For all other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES