Job #: req22657
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): Thai, English
Preferred Language(s): English
Closing Date: 5/31/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations. Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
ITSR1: The IT Regional Client Services 1 (ITSR1) is primarily tasked with ensuring cohesive delivery of regional IT programs and initiatives in South Asia, East Asia and Africa, as well as aligning existing support channels with business needs. In achieving its objectives and providing for a best possible IT customer experience, Client Support directs and partners with other ITS teams/ Service-Desks, Training and Outreach, as well as cross-functional teams delivering products and solutions.
The IT Officer – Client Services will serve as a Primary IT for Bangkok Client Services. S/he will be responsible for IT Service delivery & lead roll out of IT Projects/ Initiatives for World Bank Thailand Offices. World Bank Thailand is a medium-sized office with currently over 200 end-users providing investments and development and sustainability programs for WBG.
The IT Officer will report directly to the Senior IT Officer of the Client Services Unit (ITSR1)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures IT services are delivered according to service level agreements (SLAs) and tracked in ServiceNow for follow-up corrective actions, and reporting purposes.
- Monitors/ coordinates overall IT support and often serves as an escalation point called upon to resolve a customer problem. Identifies and engages the resources necessary to fully evaluate and address the situation, following up to ensure effective resolution.
- Leads and is responsible for day to day work of vendors including contract issues related to end user support and IT Infrastructure Management.
- Ensures that information on common problems is aggregated, fully analyzed, synthesized, and disseminated to local IT team.
- Ensures compliance to standards and procedures set by IT Service Management Team using ServiceNow.
- Ensures service quality by regularly checking on CSAT feedback, manage daily taskwork of ITs.
- Contributes to the creation of standard operation procedures/ guidelines and ensures compliance in local office.
- Provides technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and propose mechanisms to management that will ensure continual process improvement.
- Leverages understanding of network connectivity and infrastructure to provide solutions.
- Leads, participate and deploy IT projects for Bangkok Office & regionally, while closely coordinating with ITS headquarters and regional teams to resolve any arising issues.
- Leads the deployment of centrally and locally procured IT assets in compliance of WBG IT asset management process to ensure data consistency as well as asset tagging, inventory, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Ensures alignment to Institutional Software Asset Management (ISAM) Procedure.
- Proactively and regularly engages with WBG Staff, advises and ensures they receive the right services and resources to resolve any technological barriers to conduct their work efficiently.
- Proactively engages with WBG Staff, advises and ensures that they receive the appropriate services and support to resolve any technological barriers to conduct their business efficiently.
- Build client relationships on an operational level and solicit feedback to improve services further.
- Engage with all levels of regional staff to identify areas that can be improved through technology, or where current technology suite is insufficient.
- Continually improve the quality of VIP support in the location. Introduces ITS products and services and provide updates regarding upcoming/ongoing projects.
- Works in coordination with the Senior IT Officer and Infrastructure Delivery and Network Unit to support the CO infrastructure and provide oversight to the enforcement of the IT Service Continuity Procedure and related processes
- Master’s degree with 5 years relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to work under stress with accuracy and professionalism. WBG experience is a plus.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as circumstances dictate.
- ITIL knowledge & certification.
Core Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Certification in computer hardware troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS service and other networking methods and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Office 365 products.
- Knowledge of communication technologies, including IP Telephony, videoconference (setup and support), and other WAN/LAN products.
- Comfortable using remote access technologies and remote troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems (UPS, generators, etc).
- Knowledge of global, regional, and local technology trends and developments. Ability to research innovative solutions for our clients.
Language and Communication Skills
- Excellent Thai and English oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate and communicate to all the stakeholders
- Demonstrated team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Demonstrated experience in time management and multiple task management and keep the on-going work and schedules on track.
- Client Understanding and Advising – Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and advocates for clients within own area as well as urges others to focus on meeting client needs.
- Learning Orientation – Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area, the broader industry, and experiments with new approaches or emerging technological solutions to current business needs.
- Broad Business Thinking – Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long-term implications of decisions both for related areas within the VPU and the client’s business. Involves key players in identifying operating needs, issues, and immediate solutions.
- Analytical Thinking – Coordinates the information gathering and reporting process. Adapts as circumstances require and manages impact of own behavior on others in context of WBG’s values and mission.
- Deliver Results for Clients – Proactively addresses clients stated and unstated needs, Adds value by constantly looking for a better way to get more impactful results; sets challenging stretch goals for oneself. Immerses oneself in client experiences and perspective by asking probing questions to understand unmet needs.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Applies knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients. Leverages department’s expertise and body of knowledge across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
- Risk Management – Identifies potential risks and proposes risk treatment plans. Alerts others to potential risks in their areas of responsibility. Develops processes for monitoring for pre-identified risks. Identifies and proposes solutions to mitigate and manage risks
- Vendor Management – Researches and analyzes best in class vendors and identifies vendors and products that support the business strategy. Articulates options and makes a recommendation for the best match between service/product and business requirements. Proposes performance criteria and standards to meet business needs (quality, cost, and responsiveness).
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.