International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Short-Term Operations Assistant
- The Operations Assistant is responsible for supporting the Operations team – the HR and Admin. Officer and the Logistics and Procurement Officer with all filing and documentation related activities.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring all administrative tasks are completed diligently.
- He/she will directly report to INSO Operations Manager.
- This is a temporary 3-month position.
- Update all staff asset allocation forms and file accordingly
- Prepare and file forms and other documents
- Prepare and update trackers
- Update inventory databases
- Prepare, track, and maintain purchase requests and allocate PR numbers
- Update Procurement and Human Resources filing records
- Support various procurement purchases (diesel, consumables, etc.)
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding processes
- Update logs and order forms – Review log books
- Follow up with vendors and service providers (visa renewals, security guards)
- Prepare payment requests with supporting documentation
- Assist in the planning and implantation of audit activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- A University Degree or Advanced Certificate or equivalent in a relevant field is required
- Proven work experience as an Operations Assistant or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb organizational abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Creativity and proactive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Energetic and willing to learn
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural and close-knit team to deliver tangible results on a deadline.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their complete Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “INSO Operations Assistant – Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Applications should include:
- Up-to-date CV (maximum 3 pages).
- Cover letter (1 page max) – specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.