- Job Title: Senior Gender Advisor (Maternity Cover)
- Location: London (with occasional overseas travel)
- Reporting to: Director of Research, Advisory and Policy Department
- Contract: One-year fixed term contract
- Salary: £45,000 per annum
- Deadline: 17:00 pm UK Time 29 October 2023
The Senior Gender Advisor will be responsible for delivering CRs’ organisational approach to gender and Women, Peace and Security (WPS) in its peacebuilding programming, research and policy work. They will bring strategic and practical advice and guidance on integrating gender responsive and transformative actions into conflict analysis, project design, proposals, programming, research and advocacy, and promote learning on gender across the organisation and with external audiences.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Sound understanding of gender and inclusion in peacebuilding theory and practice. At least five years’ experience of providing practical advice, expertise and accompaniment to practitioners in developing and integrating gender into peacebuilding programmes and research, using a strong intersectional approach.
- Strong ability to manage a varied workload and respond to on-demand requests.
- Strong facilitation and training skills on gender and inclusion.
- Successful programme development and fundraising experience.
- Ability to listen actively to and work with and support people from varying backgrounds and with a range of political, cultural and value orientations.
- Ability to communicate complex information on gender to non-specialist audiences.
- Experience of presenting in English to external audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with a flexible approach.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of programme or project management cycles, including design, budget development and management, monitoring and evaluation, learning and reporting.
- Experience of formulating policy recommendations, advice and successful high-level advocacy in the areas of gender and WPS.
- Some practical knowledge or first-hand experience of peacebuilding in one or more of the conflicts in which CR is working.
- Other language skills relevant to areas of CR’s work.
- Experience of working with Mac operating systems.
- Readiness to undertake overseas travel to programme contexts and Europe/US and undertake hostile environment training.