The World at Abt
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.
We are a team of 4,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment and energy do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.
To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.
Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.
As the Senior Advisor on Monitoring and Evaluation and Strategic Information, you will be responsible for managing and implementing monitoring, evaluation, and learning functions for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Rehab4U opportunity in Ukraine. You will play a critical role in measuring our progress towards intended results and informing evidence-driven decisions to drive physical rehabilitation access in Ukraine. Per the USAID forecast, the purpose of this opportunity is to strengthen national, regional, and local leadership, management, and governance capacity in the physical rehabilitation sector; increase access to and availability of affordable, quality, and sustainable physical rehabilitation services including Assistive Technology; and promote inclusion and participation of persons with disabilities and civilian victims of war within their families, communities, and country. You will be the point-of-contact for helping to develop and implementing our MEL plan successfully at the country level and ensuring our program staff and key stakeholders have access to the data they need, when they need it.
- Lead the collection, organization, analysis, and presentation of Ukraine Physical Rehabilitation program data.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of weekly progress reports and client deliverables.
- Prepare or review M&E guidelines/standards/protocols.
- Co-lead the training of M&E Assistants and Data Entry Clerks.
- Assist in preparing the project for possible data quality audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting timely corrective actions.
- Supervise/mentor the Database Manager and M&E Assistants hired on the project.
- Design, review and test M&E tools for reporting formats and data collection.
- Track and report data on all project indicators, prepare monitoring and evaluation plans, as well as contribute to MEL workplans, annual reports, and other contractual project documents.
- Identify areas for programmatic improvements and develop recommendations and enhancement solutions based on findings.
What We Value
- Master’s Degree + 8 years of relevant experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Community Health, Database or Information Systems Management, or other relevant social science activities.
- Demonstrated experience with managing MEL on USAID-funded projects; experience with physical rehabilitation and/or health systems strengthening programs is preferred.
- Proven track record in managing complex data collection, data management, analysis and reporting activities.
- Experience with DHIS2 required.
- Experience with mobile platforms (ODK, CommCare, KoboCollect, EpiInfo, Fulcrum, etc.), mobile data collection, GIS applications, GPS measurement data collection, and/or Tableau desirable.
- Experience in Eastern Europe, preferably in Ukraine.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing.
- Experience demonstrating leadership, communication, coordination, and critical thinking skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Ukrainian and English language fluency is required.
What We Offer
We foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
How to apply
Please use the link provided below to submit your formal application: