Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Requisition ID: 2022202042
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Finance Manager
- To act in collaborative capacity with the Finance Manager with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- S/He is expected to provide leadership in the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project(s), including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- S/he will prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide main support for special projects with problem resolution on CO cash accounts, bank resolutions, finance systems, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state level.
- Coordinate with FM to ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for FHI/Nigeria Country Office including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Monitor budgets and financial reports for all IA sub-agreements not directly managed by the field offices.
- Provide technical assistance on accounting and financial matters on all special projects.
- Participate in the preparation of contract package for sub-agreements and rapid response funds and small grants.
- Work with the Director, Finance and CMS and the FM in the development and monitoring of annual country budget.
- Maintain and update monthly project status sheet that include project duration dates, number and description of modifications, budgets, disbursements and expenditures, and status of monthly reports. Prepare additional monthly status sheets for other financial activities as requested by FHI and according to donor reporting guidelines.
- In accordance with approved sub-agreements, provide project funds to IAs subprojects and collaborating organizations.
- Serve as a resource person to FHI/Nigeria on relevant financial regulations and FHI/Nigeria terms and conditions.
- Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) in the focus states.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc / BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 5 – 7 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in office management and administration.
- CPA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CFE or any other relevant professional qualification is required.
- Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local and donor contractual requirements and regulations
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Routine coordination with FHI employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in the interpretation of budgetary, financial, and related management information.
- Must have report writing skills and be able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying, and analyzing financial data.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times. Time management skills, both in planning and organizing work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial and internal control issues to staff with little or no financial background.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online