WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Safety & Security Lead
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary Grade: G
About the Role
- The role provides specialist safety and security advice to trustees, Chief Executives, managers and staff across the organisation, guides countries in their safety & security planning, and works to ensure the safety & security of staff travelling internationally on WaterAid business.
In this Role, You Will
- Provide specialist advice to staff at all levels including Chief Executives, Directors and Country Directors on all safety and security related matters.
- Continuously develop and maintain WaterAid’s global safety & security policies, procedures, tools and guidance documents (i.e. our Global Security Framework).
- Lead on strengthening the capacity of leaders and managers to deal with and be resilient to serious safety & security incidents or crisis events serious safety & security incidents or crisis events.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- 5 years+ experience of security management, ideally in the context of an INGO.
- A strong team player with experience of working remotely across different cultures.
- A high level of resilience and drive.
N15,010,723 – N18,780,910 Annually depending on experience.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2022 (23:59).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates must have the right to work in their country of residence.
- Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
- Please indicate your location and the right to work eligibility in your Cover letter.