Request for Proposals
Implementation of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System at ECPAT International
Tentative timeline: December 2023- January 2024
ECPAT International invites qualified vendors to submit proposals for the implementation of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System to centralise and optimise our communications, fundraising, advocacy, and stakeholder engagement efforts. The initiative aims to elevate the organisation’s efficiency, effectiveness, and overall impact.
In an ever-changing landscape, ECPAT International recognises the vital role of an advanced CRM system in efficiently managing relationships with various stakeholders, including donors, volunteers, members, partners, and other affiliates. The overarching objective is to transform individual staff knowledge into organisational intelligence, enabling data-driven decision-making and strategy planning. A CRM will not only serve as a unified platform for centralising data but also allow intelligent segmentation of audiences, automating communications and providing a comprehensive historical record for meaningful interactions.
Scope of Work
- Core Functionalities
- Secure Centralised Hosting
- GDPR Compliance
- Data Capture and Analytics
- Mass Communication Features
- Event and Donation Page Management
- Scalable Infrastructure
- Seamless Integration with existing platforms
- In-depth analytics for tracking collective advocacy and campaign efforts
- Functionality for automated email communication to enhance engagement
- Categorisation and segmentation capabilities
- Enhanced internal communication tools
The project is expected to commence in December 2023 and conclude by January 2024.
The allocated budget for the first year of this project has a ceiling of USD 6,000, including set up and operation. Vendors offering solutions tailored explicitly to non-profits are particularly encouraged to apply.
This is a home-based position; the contractor will work from home or own office but should be available online for pre-arranged meetings with the ECPAT’s team in Bangkok
- The contracted entity is expected to act at all times in a manner consistent with the values of ECPAT International and in compliance with the organisation’s policies and procedures including Child Safeguarding Policy and the Staff Code of Conduct.
- This Request for Proposals is open to individual contractors as well as agencies.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Compliance with technical specifications and core functionalities
- Proven experience with non-profit organisations
- Affordability within budget constraints
- Quality of customer support and after-sales service
- Flexibility for future expansion and upgrades
For any questions or clarifications, please contact Andrew Beaton at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please send your proposal to email@example.com with in the subject header your name and “CRM”. The proposal should include the following information:
- A rationale for how the CRM will best serve donor, volunteer, member, partner, and other affiliate relationship management.
- Implementation and training plan
- Case studies demonstrating experience with non-profits.
- Quotation, including breakdown of costs
- Provisions for customer support and future upgrades
- Any other information deemed relevant
Deadline: please submit your proposal no later than 15 November 2023
ECPAT International is a global network of organisations working together for the elimination of the sexual exploitation of children in all its manifestations i.e. exploitation of children in prostitution, online child sexual exploitation, sale and trafficking of children for sexual purposes, sexual exploitation of children in travel and tourism and some forms of child, early and forced marriage. The ECPAT Network currently consists of 126 members working at national and local levels in 104 countries. The ECPAT Secretariat coordinates the global work of ECPAT and is based in Bangkok, Thailand.