Fixed Term | 6 Months | February 2024
For the past 30 years, international NGO Acted has been going the last mile to save lives. Currently, Acted supports 20 million people across 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas – and pursues a triple mandate as a humanitarian, environmental and development aid actor. Acted relies on an in-depth knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement relevant long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, building together a “3ZERO” world: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted has been present in Lebanon since 2006, with a coordination office in the capital Beirut and an operational base in Akkar. In response to the Syrian crisis, Acted Lebanon delivers support to refugee and host communities, responding simultaneously to emergency and development needs through a community-driven approach. The NGO also implements projects to rehabilitate infrastructure and territories, and supports civil society and micro-enterprises in the health, education and environment sectors.
You will be in charge of
The Project Development Officer (PDO) contributes to the development of project proposals in line with Acted’s global and in-country programme strategy, and ensures proper grant management, incl. timely reporting of project achievements to donors. The PDO facilitates internal communication and coordination with relevant departments, and contributes to Acted external communication strategy.
Fundraising and proposal development:
- Contract follow-up
- Partner Follow-up
Management and Internal Coordination
- Staff Management (if any):
- Internal Coordination and Communication:
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science;
- 1-2 years previous work experience in a relevant position;
- Previous related work experience, with knowledge of project design, proposal writing and grants management;
- Knowledge of the humanitarian aid system and ability to understand the donors systems;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills;
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural and fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Good team spirit and ability to work with diverse profiles.
- Salary between 1600 and 1800€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Accommodation and food provided in Acted guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in Acted HQ, including a 4-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: PDO/LEB
Please note that Acted will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.