The Justice Development Peace and Health is a program of the Catholic Ecclesiastical Province of Jos. The programÂ was set up to Coordinate, develop appropriate structures, offer required services, and improve the system of social development already existing in the Dioceses since 1970.
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Yobe
Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development-JDPH desire to recruit the services of a Protection Officer who will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator under the WFP project. The Protection Officer is responsible for the implementation of all protection programs in the target communities in Fune and Fika LGAs.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Protection Officer will carry out the following responsibilities:
- Carry out Protection Risk Assessments at community level in partnership with other stakeholders, during the course of the project.
- Directly supervises the Community Feedback Mechanism (CFM) staff.
- Provide capacity building and training to CFM staff on protection related thematic areas such as child protection, GBV, protection mainstreaming and confidentiality of protection data.
- Provide capacity building and training to JDPH enumerators and community-based volunteers on the JDPH and WFP Code of Conduct and safeguarding principles.
- Ensure that the “Do no harm” and confidentiality principles, Staff Code of Conduct and Safe Guarding policies are respected by all project staff.
- Coordinate and develop activities for women friendly spaces
- Lead the Organization on awareness sessions and workshops on general protection
- Ensure the identification, management, referrals and follow-up of protection cases, with urgent needs.
- Develop appropriate Protection key massages and IEC materials, and ensure that they are disseminated among the communities.
- Disseminate relevant information regarding the rights of person of concern and services available in the area in other to enhance access to services and rights.
- Proactively seek to access people who have been missed out from assistance, such as marginalized communities’ new arrivals or household whose situation has suddenly deteriorated
- Ensure protection is mainstreamed in JDPH/WFP programs at the field and work places.
- Support and contribute to the field assessment, data collection and storage in a data base, report writing and share community feedback and concerns.
- Report immediately any protection breach during the implementation of activities to management.
- Represent JDPH at protection coordination meetings, both at the WFP and regional entities.
- Coordinate and supervise facilitators during session of women friendly spaces.
- Ensure to carry out any other duties that will be assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Sciences and Development Studies or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 1-year relevant working experience.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Demonstrated skills in management, teamwork and consensus building
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their care givers.
- Contract length: 6 Months with the possibility of extension
- Start date: As soon as possible.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.