Project specialist ( 1 position )
Job advertisement : May 05, 2023
Publication cancellation date : May 19, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLBOL – FAO Representation in Bolivia
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Bolivia, Plurinational State of La Paz
Duration: 3 months ( with possibility of extension )
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Project “ Support for strengthening strategic governance, planning and coordination, monitoring mechanisms and evaluation of national MDRyT programs ”, contributes to the Government Priorities ( PG ) of Bolivia within the framework of the Bolivian MPP, in Nutritional Food Security with Sovereignty, Ecological agri-food systems, community and peasant family farming and the comprehensive and sustainable management of forests, water and biodiversity of the Ministry of Rural Development and Lands ( MDRyT ). As well as SDGs 16.6: Create effective and transparent accountability institutions at all levels and SDG 2.4 By 2030, ensure the sustainability of food production systems and apply resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production,contribute to the maintenance of ecosystems, strengthen the capacity to adapt to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters, and progressively improve the quality of the soil and land of the Plurinational State of Bolivia. The Project has the impact of contributing to SDG 16.6: Create effective and transparent accountability institutions at all levels and SDG 2.4 By 2030, ensure the sustainability of food production systems and apply resilient agricultural practices that increase productivity and production, contribute to the maintenance of ecosystems, strengthen the ability to adapt to climate change, extreme weather events, droughts, floods and other disasters,and progressively improve the quality of the soil and soil. Likewise, achieve a result in favor of the Ministry of Rural Development and Land ( MDRyT ) having a Program Unit, consolidated in budgetary and governance terms, for monitoring and monitoring the implementation, impacts and evaluation of the 12 national MDRyT investment programs. The project requires hiring 1 Project Specialist, for the following work base: Work Base: The project requires hiring 1 Project Specialist, for the following work base: Work Base: The project requires hiring 1 Project Specialist, for the following work base: Work Base:
The Specialist will work under the supervision of the Assistant Representative ( Programs ), and must perform their duties permanently, according to office hours.
Field of specialization
Planning, evaluation and / or monitoring of projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Carry out monitoring and follow-up of the Projects implemented by the MDRyT, considering the temporality and expected times, for the achievement of the proposed indicators and products.
- Coordinate and articulate the operational processes of the projects, applying planning instruments in the institutional framework considering their different horizons.
- Evaluation of operating regulations in coordination with the legal consultant, sweet articulated to current legal regulations for the execution of projects in the agricultural sector.
- Follow up on the generation and compliance of documents within the framework of the Operational Planning approved by the Ministry of Rural Development and Lands.
- Other related activities that are designated upon request.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional title in related areas: Agricultural Engineering, Forestry Engineering, Agricultural Sciences and Rural Development or other related fields.
- Courses related to project planning, evaluation and/or monitoring.
- General professional experience of at least 5 years.
- Professional experience of at least 3 years in project planning, execution, evaluation and/or monitoring.
- Working knowledge of Spanish
- Bolivian nationality.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For all other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES