About The Big Smile Foundation(TBSF)
The Big Smile Foundation is an impact volunteer-driven non-profit/non-Governmental organization with the vision to transform the society by empowering every Girl Child completes the mandatory secondary school, committed to alleviating poverty, supporting people displaced as result of insurgency or any form of disaster through psychosocial support, while building communities and integration of people in conflict situation back to the society and providing a path way to prosperity for the economically disadvantaged people in Nigeria.
Job Title: Program Officer
- The Program Officer will provide technical support and assist in the implementation and coordination of program activities, particularly for multi-sectoral partnerships, capacity development to local partners, and M&E activities in the target cities.
- S/he will assist in the development of work plans, support the team and management to ensure adherence to proposed budgets as well as to build and maintain relationships with local communities.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Executive Director, build and maintain partnerships and relationships with program partners, such as non-profits, federal agencies and community organizations, in order to expand resources, raise funding and educate the public about the work of the project.
- Participate in the development of project Implementation Plan, training manual/curricula and other various standard operational procedures (SoP).
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans, program initiatives and budget development including coordination and operationalization of TBSF projects and in
- Support effective project management, coordination and provide support to partners on the project implementation procedure, data management and effective financial management.
- Provide support as needed, the preparation and timely submission of detailed reports by the partners on project activities on a quarterly and annual basis in compliance with project requirements.
- Support the development of annual, quarterly report writing including management and updates.
- Participate in project monitoring and supportive supervision to partners, project sites and communities.
- Support, as needed, the mobilization of private partners’ support for activities.
- Assist in collection of data to inform and support Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research related activities.
- Represent TBSF at various meetings, technical working groups and relevant forums.
- Provide support to all TBSF programme activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum of 1-year professional work experience in humanitarian project
- Demonstrated project management experience including budget development, event planning, coordinating multiple partners and stakeholders
- Demonstrated strength and experience in writing technical reports
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; fluency in English language is essential
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Strong computer skill in MS Office Suite is required
- Fluency in local language will be an added advantage
- Understand cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability of states (Borno).
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
• Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
• As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 10% of their time to learning activities that benefit TBSF as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
• TBSF team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to standards guiding TBSF relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
• Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and TBSF policies, procedures, and values at all times.
Date: 10th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via: https://www.thebigsmile.org.ng/job-openings
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
- We are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.