Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 4 years
- Location Lagos
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support for the design and content development of electronic information systems. This function will include assisting the software programming team in developing actual logic statements for the coding of M&E indicators and software business rules where necessary and checking that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
- Ensure that software and database tools are developed to meet the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use and donors.
- Conduct assessments of health informatics environments, synthesize pertinent information, identify implications for planning and development, and provide recommendations to supervisors and management.
- Thorough testing of the developed M&E software and database tools to the new and existing facility as identified by management.
- Support the database staff in developing standard operating procedures, user manuals, and data management procedure documents for all of the project’s electronic information systems.
- Prepare timely progress and periodic reports on information systems tool development and implementation.
- Support the database staff in analyzing all data collected in thr state-supported facilities electronic information systems for M&E and provide feedback in the form of data analysis meetings, and technical reports with collaboration from the staff of the M&E department as well as with staff of other departments.
- Develop, familiarize /or adapt and monitor the use of M&E tools standard operating procedures, flow charts, data collection forms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- HND/B.Sc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or Health Information Management with strong background in Computer Science, Programming/Software Development or M&E.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience post qualification in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Leter to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.