Project coordinator ( Grade SB4-1 )
Publication of offer: 05/sept./2023
Date of publication: 19/sept./2023, 21:59:00
Organizational Unit: FRCOI – FAO Representation in Comoros Job Field Category : Type of job: Temporary work
Type of requisition: NPP ( national project staff )
Grade: N / A
Main location: Comoros-Moroni
Duration: 3 renewable months
Position number: N / A
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Please note that the date and time of closure shown above are based on the date and time parameters of your personal device.
FAO is committed to ensuring – gender, balanced geographic distribution and linguistic diversity – among its staff and the international consultants it employs, to best serve Member States in all regions.
- FAO is committed to ensuring the diversity of its workforce, ensuring balanced representation of women and men as well as nationalities, profiles and cultures.
- Women, nationals ( e ) s of unrepresented or underrepresented Member States and persons with disabilities with the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone working for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to respect the values of FAO.
- FAO, as the specialized agency of the United Nations, has adopted a zero tolerance policy with regard to behavior incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination.
- The references and background of all selected candidates will be subject to rigorous verification.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The FAO Comoros office is committed through a partnership with the government to support the implementation of projects in the agricultural sector to improve food and nutritional security in the country. Indeed, FAO has long helped Comoros to develop strategies and policies in different areas which concern food security, nutrition, agroforestry, fisheries, support for the implementation of strategies/actions to intensify agricultural production as well as prevention and response to emergency situations in the event of disasters affecting the agricultural sectors while improving the resilience of the livelihoods of affected households.
The Project Coordinator will work under the general supervision of the FAO Representative in Madagascar, Comoros, Mauritius and Seychelles and the Deputy Representative of FAO, direct supervision of the Assistant to the Representative in charge of the Program in the Comoros, in close collaboration with the program / operations / administration / finance/FAO purchases in Madagascar and the relevant technical divisions of the ( SFS ) and regional ( RAF ) regional offices as well as the FAO headquarters.
Area of specialization
Project management, rural development, environmental protection, resilience to climate change, food security and agriculture.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for :
- Support the government’s request for technical support from FAO from the concept note to ’ at the finalization of the project document ( TCP ), in collaboration with national partners.
- Participate in the planning of the implementation of projects in collaboration with the National Coordinators: operational plan, human resources plan, budgetary plan, training plan, monitoring and evaluation plan, etc…
- Ensure the proper implementation of the project and the associated working aspects using the FAO online tools: FPMIS, IMIS and GRMS ;
- Provide support on the preparation of terms of reference and contractualization with consultants and partners ( TdR, LoA, contract … )
- Prepare, organize and facilitate the meetings / workshops planned in the implementation of projects –
- Support the National Project Coordinators in the preparation and submission of project reports, in a timely manner, and any other reports required based on FAO and donor requirements, in accordance with FAO procedures and formats.
- Participate in meetings, discussions and relationships with partners on project proposals.
- Provide support to maintain the ( s ) system ( s ) of information and management, and meet the information / report needs for Supervisors
- Ensure close monitoring of project budgets,
- Work to improve and maintain good institutional relationships with the national side.
- Participate in training, provided by FAO online or directly, to improve its skills.
- Provide support to maintain the ( s ) system ( s ) of information and management, and meet the information / report needs for Supervisors.
- Perform any other tasks that may be entrusted to him in the course of his duties.
THE CANDIDATURES WILL BE CONSIDERED WITH REGARD TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Minimum conditions to be fulfilled
- Have a university degree ( at least BAC level + 5 ) in Project Management, Agronomy, rural economy, environmental protection or other similar diplomas.
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience in coordinating project operations ;
- Have current knowledge of French ( level C ) and an average knowledge of English ( level B )
- Have Comorian nationality.
Basic skills required by FAO
- Attention to results
- Have team spirit
- Meaning of communication
- Establishment of constructive relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Be familiar with the development issues of agricultural value chains in Comoros.
- Good knowledge of the producers’ fields-school approach and its implementation.
- Experience proven in collaboration with the responsible national institutions, in particular with the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Environment, Tourism and Handicrafts ( MAPETA ).
- Good command of office tools ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint ), the Internet and email.
- Knowledge proven on project management, results-based approach ( GAR ).
- Good management and communication capacity with the teams assigned to the projects ;
- Good knowledge of United Nations and donor procedures is an asset.
- FAO does not collect fees at any stage of recruitment ( application, interview, file processing ).
- Incomplete application files will not be examined. For any questions or requests for assistance, please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date of the notice will not be accepted.
- Please note that FAO only takes into account university degrees and degrees issued by recognized institutions listed in the World Higher Education Database, the list updated by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. To access the list, please click here www.whed.net/
- For other questions, please consult the Employment web page at FAO: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/fr/
Please note that all candidates must adhere to the values of FAO – commitment to the Organization, respect for everyone, integrity and transparency.
HOW TO POSTULATE
- To apply, please complete the online form on the FAO recruitment website, Jobs at FAO. Incomplete application files will not be examined.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- Applicants are encouraged to register their applications with a largely sufficient period of time before the deadline.
- To get help, write to: [email protected].
FAO IS A NON-FUMEUR AREA.