Oxfam Novib is a worldwide organization with colleagues at home and abroad and an extensive international network. We conduct campaigns and campaigns worldwide. You will see us in the newspaper and on TV. In short: the world is your field of work. Together with other Oxfams, partner organisations, the (Dutch) public, companies and governments, we are working on a positive future for as many people as possible.
Sharing your talent with Oxfam Novib means working for a frontrunner in the field of development cooperation. You play a part in major, inspiring changes in the world. And you are part of a professional team that feels connected by the mission. We offer our employees suitable employment conditions as set out in our collective labor agreement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant Staff Support – Volunteer
- To promote agriculture-driven economic growth and improve the living conditions for 10,000 rural farmer households (60% women) with a specific focus on women and youth.
- To ensure gender considerations, environmental compliance, and livelihoods improvement forms an integrated core of the LINE implementation.
- To also provide general support to the program team in ensuring the improvement of the livelihoods of 10,000 poor women and men farmers in Bauchi State.
- Support advocacy activities on general LINE programming as required by the team.
- Support implementation of LINE activities on the field.
- Support the program team in networking and coordination with key stakeholders to ensure the promotion of the LINE project at implementation locations and across the state.
- Represent LINE project in meetings together with PMU staff or in their absence.
- Provide general secretarial and administrative assistance to the program unit.
- Support the monitoring of project activities and collection of data on LINE programming.
- Work with the partners of LINE to ensure activities are implemented at specific locations and times.
- Ensure that community sustainability plans are integrated into that of the local government of the project through partners.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from project implementation.
- Follow-up on beneficiaries with complaints.
- Liaise closely with the MEAL team to understand the project outcomes.
- Any other additional responsibility as communicated by PMU and the Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Studies, Economics, Social Science, or any relevant equivalent degree.
- Computer skills, particularly in working with word processing, Excel, Power Point, databases, and electronic communication.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tenacity, strong initiative, and proven capacity to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently and, at times, under minimum supervision.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who meet with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Application Close Date
6th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online