Oxfam Novib is a worldwide organization with colleagues at home and abroad and an extensive international network. We conduct campaigns and campaigns worldwide. You will see us in the newspaper and on TV. In short: the world is your field of work. Together with other Oxfams, partner organisations, the (Dutch) public, companies and governments, we are working on a positive future for as many people as possible.
Sharing your talent with Oxfam Novib means working for a frontrunner in the field of development cooperation. You play a part in major, inspiring changes in the world. And you are part of a professional team that feels connected by the mission. We offer our employees suitable employment conditions as set out in our collective labor agreement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Staff Support Volunteer
- To promote agriculture-driven economic growth and improve the living conditions for 10,000 rural farmer households (60% women) with a specific focus on women and youth.
- To ensure gender considerations, acknowledging that women’s empowerment forms an integrated core of the LINE implementation.
- To also provide support on nutrition-related functions to improve the livelihoods of 10,000 poor women and men farmers in Bauchi State.
- Working under the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Social Accountability (MELSA) Officer’s supervision and guidance.
- The M&E Assistant will work closely with all program staff to implement the LINE M&E commitments and improve program quality through enhanced data management systems and processes.
- The position will support data measurement and document tracking, and archiving in the Field Office.
- The Assistant will help the MELSA officer in managing day to day M&E tasks arising in the Field Office and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective implementation of the LINE projects.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist in routine data collection and entry for various project components and ensure that complete, accurate, clean, and consistent data is shared with the MELSA Officer for data analysis and action planning.
- Ensure proper filing of MELSA documents, including questionnaires, monitoring reports, datasets, among others
- Participate in regular data verification and audit exercises to assess the quality of data reported and address any anomalies identified
- Submit to the MELSA Officer weekly and monthly updates on M&E activities conducted in the field
- With support from the MELSA Officer, participate in capacity building and mentorship activities for field staff in data collection and cleaning
- Keep the M&E database up to date and help program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports
- Assist program staff during survey planning and implementation especially preparing logistics needed, participating in data collection and cleaning.
- Foster good relationships and team spirit with program and operations staff in the field
- Perform any other M&E tasks assigned by the MELSA Officer or his/her supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics
- Considerable experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Sign off and abide by team-building principles in the field of assignment and within Oxfam in general.
- Promote a high-performance environment in the field
- Be innovative and open to learning new approaches to M&E.
Specific skills for the post:
- Competences in using computer packages including Word, Excel and SPSS
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural contexts
- Ability to work under pressure/cope with tight deadlines.
Application Close Date
6th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online