About the World Food Programme:
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP’s mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Everyday, WFP works around the world to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, especially women and children can access the nutritious food they need.
The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is implementing a Interim Country Strategy Plan (ICSP) through which it provides food assistance to the most vulnerable people mainly through general food distributions, nutrition interventions in schools, resilience building programs using food transfers or cash transfers (CBT); and capacity building.
Activities to create productive assets are considered a key element of WFP’s strategy in the provision of its unconditional food assistance.
Wfp will leverage its experience and partnerships in FFA and SAMS to support vulnerable communities and work with value chain actors from smallholders, cooperatives, common initiative groups, traders, processors, distributors, and retailers to increase the productivity of smallholder farmers and reduce post-harvest losses, supporting producers’ access to inputs, assets, services and markets.
This position is reserved for candidates of Congolese nationality (DRC) only.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes, and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development, and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g., through providing inputs into training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
- Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in French and in English language.
How to apply
If you are interested by this position please click here to apply : HERE
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 02/08/2022
VA Ref no.: 170151
Kindly note the only documents you need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter. Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time.
For candidates who experience problems accessing WFP E-recruitment platform and need accommodations in applying, please contact [email protected] mentioning the VA number in the subject line.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
WFP is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment where diversity is valued, and no form of discrimination is tolerated.