Position Title: Programme Officer (EMM)
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 04 July 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Curaçao; Fiji; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
A common challenge in Migration Management comes from the difficulty in assessing all the aspects needed to address specific migration issues as they cut across various policy sectors. To address this, IOM has developed the Essentials of Migration Management (EMM2.0) as its flagship programme on Migration Management which provides online resources and foundational training to government officials with migration-related policy functions and related stakeholders.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Department of Programme Supoort & Migration Management and the direct supervision of the Head, Immigration & Border Management Division, in coordination with the Programme Manager, and in close coordination with colleagues within the Programme Team and throughout the organization, the successful candidate will coordinate and contribute to the EMM2.0 implementation strategy and supervise various EMM2.0 implementation projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of the “EMM2.0: Translation into French and pilot regional training in West Africa” Project.
- Participate in editing French Chapters and training materials.
- Participate in the development of the EMM2.0 online platform project; assist in planning(timeline and milestones, HR, budget), coordination with stakeholders (EMM2.0 team, developers, designers, Opigno experts) and development of the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Support the adaptation of EMM2.0 to staff and CoM training, which includes contributing to the development of an assessment and participating in joint project development with SDL.
- Support the implementation of EMM2.0 Training-of-Trainers events with relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of project proposals and corresponding financial requirements for further translation, development of additional training materials and further regional and country specific training implementation.
- Provide technical inputs for the development of the EMM2.0 programme implementation and communication strategy.
- Contribute to the EMM2.0 workplan and follow up on actions and commitments.
- Coordinate and work with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate EMM2.0 contributions to and consistency with IOM’s overall policies, strategies, and working methods.
- Maintain close contacts with the UN Network on Migration and other UN agencies.
- Coordinate the contracts and work of Consultants and Interns.
- Participate in internal and external EMM2.0 programme meetings, seminars, working groups and other fora.
- Monitor and coordinate the development of the on-line platform (Phase III):
- Provide technical support for the development of the learning management system (LMS);
- Participate in developing the training design dashboard on the platform; and,
- Conduct user tests, collect feedback, and implement necessary changes on the platform.
- Monitor the risks and assist in finalizing the website for public launch.
- Draft, coordinate and update content on the e-platform, including contributing to the development of new training packages.
- Participate in training the team and the trainers on content management.
- Coordinate the instructional design, delivery and evaluation of training activities, including face-to-face workshops, e-learning courses, webinar sessions and other modalities on migration management including in French and Turkish.
- Jointly with key stakeholders in Country Offices, support the effective coordination of high-quality training events by providing technical guidance in adult learning.
- Contribute to the development of written materials, guides, manuals, handouts and e-learning scripts on migration management.
- Draft and review content for learning tools developed by external service providers and consultants, as well as obtain approval from internal thematic experts, while coordinating with government representatives, CSOs, research institutions and other relevant UN agencies.
- Co-facilitate in-person workshops and virtual capacity development activities, including facilitation in French and Turkish.
- Facilitate the implementation of a streamlined evaluation/feedback mechanism that continuously informs the design, development and execution of training content and adult learning methodology.
- Update on-line Handbook chapters in accordance with developments in international fora, i.eIMRF, new thematic policies.
- Perform such other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in International Development Studies, Political Science, Sociology, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous work in the field of migration management is required;
- Previous experience in project and budget implementation and coordination; experience in and knowledge of IOM project and budget software (PRISM, PRIMA) is an advantage;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic representatives is desirable;
- Previous experience in instructional design is required. Must have ability to develop, deliver and evaluate in-person as well as virtual training events and be familiar with IOM’s learning platforms;
- Previous experience in working on website development and learning Management System is required;
- IT proficiency with Drupal, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint,and Teams as well as experience with virtual coworking tool is required; • Previous experience working in an international organization is desirable.
• Technical knowledge of various aspects of migration management is required, including International Migration Law; Human Rights of Migrants; Child Migration; Trafficking in Persons; smuggling of migrants and migrant’s vulnerabilities among others.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English and Fench is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Turkish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 04 July 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 21.06.2022 to 04.07.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 184 Programme Officer (EMM) (P2) Geneva, Switzerland (57622613) Released
Posting: Posting NC57622614 (57622614) Released