For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 35 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa. The team is composed of around 10 expatriates and 300 national staffs.
For now, MdM is running directly 3 clinics In Maiduguri : Garba Buzu, Kawar Maila et El Meskin.
In Damboa, a field team has been in place since June 2017 and is running two fixed clinics in two IDP Camps. In addition, MdM Damboa medical team is semi-remotely supporting 2 health posts (Ministry of Health) outside Damboa town in Azir and Gumzuri villages.
Untill recently MdM’s intervention was pretty much emergency oriented, with five MdM runned clinics plus an emergency response team (ERT) for rapid resposne to sudden population displacements and cholera outbreaks.
At the same time, a new crisis has arrisen in North-West Nigeria in link with massive banditery acts and farmers/herders conflict dynamics. Two needs assessments have been conducted by MdM teams in Zamfara State in 2021 and even though we are not planning to be operational in this area in the coming months, we keep a close eye to the developmentrs in this region and start to work on our access strategy. This could led to a scale-up in MDM’s humanitarian operations.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you are responsible for donors proposals and reports writing. You work in close collaboration with the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and the desk manager at HQ. You ensure donors requirements, rules and regulations dissemination and acceptance by key staff and serve as the focal point for the mission communication initiatives/strategies to promote visibility on MdM works in Nigeria
You also have a functional link with the program support officer at HQ.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Donors proposals and reports writing
- Support in the coordination and the writing of proposals
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission to HQ
- Make sure that the proposals match the MdM strategy in Nigeria
- Review the different contributions (especially from the program department), share comments to the team
- Make sure that all indicators are SMART and target realistic
- Be the focal point at mission level for HQ for grants/reporting, and consider donor compliance and guidelines to ensure adherence
Donor’s and internal reporting:
- Support country mission in the coordination and writing of donor reports
- Ensure timely submission of reports to HQ
- Ensure adherence to donor deadlines, including developing and disseminating timelines to relevant staff
- Support by taking the lead in the writing of certain parts of the reports (non-technical part) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Ensure consistency among the different components of the reports
- Act as the focal point for report related queries and take the lead in the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report
- Maintain overview of all donor requirements, rules and regulations and ensure their good dissemination and acceptance by key staffs
- Carry out regular donor mapping exercises and identify new funding opportunities
- Maintain a database of current and expected call for proposals
- Support the mission in the organization of external audit or evaluation
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)/Partnership agreements
- Support in the writing of needed operational MOU or amendments
- Take the lead in the preparation or review of MOU between MdM France and other MdM chapters
- Act as the focal point for HQ and liaise in priority with the emergency unit
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract Duration : 9 months
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Gross monthly salary: 2 660 euros
- Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to sites of intervention or assessment
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Master degree in the following or related field: humanitarian management, development, international relations
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience of coordinating and preparing strong narrative and financial reports for a variety of donors
- Understanding of donor compliance, especially for OFDA, GFFO and ECHO
- Training and capacity-building experience
- Ability to work in an unstable and volatile context
- Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
- Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of country languages such as Hausa or French would be an asset
You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
Please click on the following link to apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JdTmhgPK?idpartenaire=128