The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). Job holders typically report to a Programme Policy Officer or Head of Field Office.
At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines. 2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures. 3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control. 4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders. 5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities. 6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance. 7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area. 8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility. 9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines. 10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Six years of experience in the related field.
Language: Fluency in English, both, oral and written communication.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to the implementation of programmes..
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who Can Apply?
This position is open to nationals of Belize and CARICOM member states and associate members. CARICOM Nationals applying for National position outside of their home country bear sole responsibility for required actions or expenses related to relocation, accommodation, repatriation and any other living expenses, etc. A CARICOM Skilled National Certificate is a pre-requisite of employment for successful candidates who are not from the country for which the position is advertised.
- Type of position: Short Term – Full Time
- Type of Contact: Service Contract Level 6 (SC-6)
- Duration on Contract: 12 months with the possibility of extension, based on organizational requirements.
- Duty Station: Belize
- Salary scale stars at BZD 2,313.38.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application should be submitted by June 12, 2022, 23:59 Easter Daylight Time. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
Link to apply:
How to apply
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at career opportunities. If you are internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.