Job Identification : 13630
Locations : Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Posting Date : 09/15/2023, 08:00 AM
Apply Before : 10/01/2023, 09:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Education and Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience
Job Category : Monitoring & Evaluation
The Programme Analyst on Monitoring and Evaluation assists in the analysis and assessment of relevant political, social, and economic trends, guiding and facilitating the delivery of UNFPA’s programmes in Moldova.
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the UNFPA Assistant Representative, the Programme Analyst on Monitoring and Evaluation is responsible for supporting the monitoring and evaluation activities of the country office and maintaining collaborative relationships with counterpart in government, multi-lateral and bilateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues; and maintain collaborative relationships with all programme and project staff as well as administrative and operations team of the UNFPA Moldova Country Office.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: (a) ending the unmet need for family planning; (b) ending preventable maternal deaths; and (c) ending gender-based violence and harmful practices, including female genital mutilation and child, early and forced marriage.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within a large and complex Country Office environment, you will support the effective monitoring and evaluation of UNFPA activities in line with the UNFPA Moldova Country Programme Document (CPD) 2023 – 2027.
Employing your monitoring and evaluation expertise, you will be responsible for the coordination and operationalization of results-oriented monitoring and evaluation. You will have a key role in improving the quality and results orientation of UNFPA-supported policy and programme interventions and in developing institutional and national capacity in monitoring and evaluation. You will work closely with the component leads and the entire country office team and national counterparts to ensure M&E aspects are well internalized and applied in line with the UNFPA Moldova Country Programme Document for 2023 – 2027. You will participate actively in M&E mechanisms established as part of the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) for Moldova for 2023-2027.
You would be responsible for:
A. Facilitate and substantively contribute to the incorporation of monitoring and reporting into programme formulation:
- Coordinate the development of a Country Office M&E framework.
- Facilitate and substantively contribute to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes, in line with UNFPA programme policies and procedures.
- Provide substantive inputs to country programme, annual work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting, ensuring right formats and indicators and results-based monitoring and evidence-based programme.
- Provide technical support to implementing partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys.
- Maintain monitoring and evaluation databases.
B. Provide substantive inputs to the monitoring and tracking of results against programme/country/regional level targets and UNFPA Strategic Plan:
- Provide technical support to the day-to-day monitoring activities.
- Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure that data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes.
- Monitor data from implementing partners/countries on a quarterly basis and provide substantive inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making.
- Visit implementing partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes as required.
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements.
- Draft the COs’ Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
C. Facilitate the reporting of results to internal (Senior Management) and external (Executive Board, Donors) audiences:
- Facilitate the process of the country office meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process.
- Draft donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial).
- Review progress reports submitted by implementing partners and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting.
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations.
- Represent UNFPA in UN Monitoring and Evaluation meetings and provide data for UN info as needed.
D. Provide technical support to the CO in the implementation the UNFPA Evaluation Policy in the Country Office:
- Coordinate the implementation of UNFPA’s Evaluation plan in the country office.
- Provide guidance to programme personnel on evaluations.
- Draft Terms of Reference for programme evaluations.
- Ensure communication between the CO and RO regarding Evaluations.
E. Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building:
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons and knowledge.
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages.
- Facilitate capacity building opportunities for personnel and implementing partners in the region/ country in the areas of Results Based Management (RBM), Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of monitoring and evaluation among all personnel through communication, training, learning and development activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master`s degree (or equivalent) in, statistics, economics health, population demography and/or any other related social science discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 2 years of relevant national/international working experience in the area of monitoring and reporting.
- Experience in results-based management and evidence-based programming is an asset.
- Experience in the United Nations, UNFPA and/or other multilateral organization, field work experience, are highly desirable.
- Experience in one of UNFPA transformative areas is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of programme formulation and implementation and Results Based Management.
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting.
- Good Knowledge of UN programme management systems.
- Ability to provide policy advice and support to implementing partners.
- Ability to interact with donors.
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Good planning, goal-setting, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change.
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation.
Managerial Competencies (if applicable):
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance,
- Making decisions and exercising judgment.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm.
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.