Concerned Youths for Development Initiative (CYDI) was established in 2014 for the purpose of organizing the inadequately served populations (ISPs) to make informed decisions on their sexuality, reproductive health, and access and enjoy fundamental human rights. CYDI was registered with Benue State Ministry of Women Affairs on the 11th December, 2015 while the Cooperate Affairs Commission’s registration took place on the 7th April, 2016 with registration number CAC/IT/NO 86245. CYDI is also registered with CiSHAN Plateau State.
CYDI is a competent key population-led community-based organization working for the “Inadequately Served Populations” (ISPs), especially People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs), to provide health care and human rights services. CYDI is a non-for-profit-making, non – religious and non – political organization which envisions “a Nigeria where all youths access and enjoy fundamental human rights”. This, we do, by working with youths in the achievement of integrated development through inclusive participatory platforms and innovative community partnerships.”
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Prevention
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Program Officer, Prevention Services will work with stakeholders, facilities, Civil society organizations, Subnational government units, Technical working groups in the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of Prevention of HIV services including general prevention, HTS services, Blood and Injection safety program within CYDI supported communities of operations, communities and facilities.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the HIV prevention services (including HTS among KPs and partner services) in supported communities.
- Provide technical support and oversight to ensure excellent KP and HIV Testing Services delivery in supported communities in line with program directives.
- Ensure that the implementation of HIV Prevention activities are in line with the project’s implementation plan and meets the donor needs.
- Supports the process of development, review and deployment of HIV prevention documents, guidelines and training curricula, including HIV Testing Services/Partner notification Services and KP testing service tailored towards training curriculum and service delivery guidelines
- Responsible for the implementation of minimum prevention package intervention (MPPI) for Key Population.
- Works to strengthen quality assured counseling and testing services across all the HTS models – facility based, mobile and strategic community outreaches targeting key and vulnerable populations.
- Works with the state MOH for qualitative HIV prevention service delivery in line with the national and program guidelines for key populations including adolescents and young people
- Represents and makes appropriate presentations to management team, stakeholders at various fora on prevention program achievements and deliverables.
- Supports advocacy, demand creation, and mobilizes policy/guidelines support across facilities as required by program activities and actively participates in technical working group meetings at different levels.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Basic Medical Sciences, Humanities or Arts and a Master’s Degree in Health (MPH, M.Sc.) or equivalent Degree in Humanities and a minimum of 3 years’ experience progressive work in the implementation of comprehensive prevention projects in donor funded programs.
- Skills in management of blood safety, injection safety and key population programs and service delivery.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV in MS Word format to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail. E.g: Program Officer – Prevention Jos.
- Only electronically submitted CVs will be regarded.
- CYDI offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from male and females, and candidates from any part of the country are encouraged to apply.
- However, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis as received. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- CYDI is committed to preventing any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in line with our Human Resource policies.