SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Officer supports the Senior Program Officer or Strategic Adviser in ensuring effective planning, implementation and monitoring of activities under the Coalitions for Change program. S/he will help develop innovative and entrepreneurial approach in expanding the Foundation’s Social Development program including helping identify emerging issues and new opportunities for possible programming in the country.
The Program Officer coordinates and engages with partners in the implementation of a broad range of programs under the Coalitions for Change program supported by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Works with the Senior Program Officer and Strategic Adviser to deliver the team target results and consults with finance and administration staff on all logistical, administrative and financial aspects of program activities.
Daily interaction with the Social Development Team members and other staff involved in the Program Management Team, as well as other staff and relevant units of the Foundation.
Regular contact/coordination with program partners for information exchange and collaboration.
Interaction and engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, such as government and non-government organizations, involved with the Coaltions for Change project.
- Minimum of three (3) years related professional experience
- Solid knowledge and familiarity with policies in social development contexts particularly its processes and programming, working experience in Climate Change and Climate Action preferred.
- Experience in project management including design, coordination, risk management, monitoring, reporting and networking
- Experience in project administration including logistics, finance and contracts management
- Experience in grants, budget monitoring & tracking and management of a limited budget
- With background and experience in dealing with partners and a wide range of stakeholders a strong advantage
Education: Completed Bachelor’s degree.Master’s degree in the field of Governance, Economics, Social Science or Public Management is desirable.
- Must have strong attention to details and ability to multi-task, highly organized and efficient
- Must have strong-track record of working independently and in a diverse team environment
- Strong Program Management Skills such as design, coordination, monitoring, and administration
- Strong network with government agencies including government institutions and civil society organizations or non-government organizations a strong advantage
- Superior spoken English, writing skills, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work impartially with sectors involved in Governance or Economic Reform or Social Development
- Able to provide specialist advice to colleagues and partners on issues related to the area of Climate Change and Action a strong advantage
- Computer literate in use of MS Office
- Excellent capacity to handle information with diligence
- Knowledge of programs and operations of The Asia Foundation or similar international development organizations helpful
- Knowledge of DFAT and other international funding agency reporting requirements
- Support the Senior Program Officer or Strategic Advisor of Coalitions for Change in the administration, management, planning, implementation and monitoring of the assigned program area (Climate Change)
- Forge collaboration with wide range of partners and stakeholders working in the Climate Change Action
- Develop mechanisms for effective reporting of activities and other updates from the program areas and implementors/grantees
- Ensure that activities and program are implemented in accordance with DFAT and TAF rules and regulations
- Ensure all program activities and reports are delivered at high quality, making the most effective and efficient use of program resources
- Provide program management coaching and assistance to partners/grantees as they implement program activities
- Network with organizations working on the same program area
- Contribute to the development of concept papers and proposals
- Keep track and support in the management of project budget and expenditures
- Support in managing Assistant Program Officers (APOs)and interns with approval from the Senior Program Officer or Strategic Advisor
- Monitor the implementation of grants and activities for the Coalitions for Change Program in coordination with TAF Sub-Awards and Audit Team
- Develop presentation materials including powerpoint and briefer for TAF trainings, meetings and workshops
- Participate in strategy formulation
- Represent the Foundation in local governance or economic reform or social development meetings in the absence of the Senior Program Officer
- Provides support to other on-going programs and activities of the Foundation as may be necessary and as requested
- Manage relationship with INGOs, NGOs, local government units/officials and other branches of government
- Perform other functions as may be directed by the Senior Program Officer, Program Leader, Strategic Adviser, Country Representative and Deputy Country Representative
How to apply
Accomplish and/or send your The Asia Foundation Application Form (https://tinyurl.com/TAFApplicationReqs), Resume, and other supporting documents to recruitmentPH@asiafoundation.org
#nowhiring #WorkingWithTAFPH #WorkingWithTheAsiaFoundationPH