THE ASIA FOUNDATION PHILIPPINES
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The GDA2 PH Program Officer supports the effective planning, resource procurement, implementation, monitoring, and assessment of the Go Digital ASEAN Program in the Philippines.
Extensive interaction with the Go Digital ASEAN 2 Regional Hub, Philippine Program Team, Finance, Administration, and Sub Awards & Audit Units.
Interaction with other global units and other country offices in program implementation or special projects as needed.
Regular coordination with Foundation partners, consultants and stakeholders for implementation, and monitoring purposes.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years professional experience, preferably with development organizations or work focused on the digital economy in the Philippines.
Education: Must have completed aBachelor’s degree in relevant field including education, political science, international relations, economics, or other related degree in the social sciences or humanities.
- Has in depth knowledge and understanding of TAF internal processes (procurement requests, LC/LG routing, etc.)
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Work includes external interaction with partners, consultants, funders, etc. at a limited and administrative capacity
- Involves partner management and representational responsibilities
- Work has standardized elements and processes with other areas to demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking in project management
- Work has responsibility for budget and expenditure monitoring
- Excellent English and Tagalog verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and professional organizational abilities
- Strong attention to details and ability to multi-task
- Strong people skills and able to handle dynamic personalities
- Ability to self-manage, independently prioritize tasks, and confidently develop plans of action with minimal direction
- Knowledge of USAID or other international donor agency requirements and regulations
- Knowledge on use of MS365 or Sharepoint, or other online program management is a plus
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with regularly shifting priorities
- Drive overall localization strategy to reach program objectives
- Manage and works closely with program internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Oversee planning and strategic direction and implementation of program activities and initiatives
- Lead program management in the Philippines to successfully implement project activities
- Develop and update program workplan and other program management tools
- Prepare meeting notes, narrative reports, success stories, media alerts, press release, bullets and communication quarterly reports for the unit
- Lead the preparation of project reports
- Oversee relevant requests and tasks from other GDA country team in compliance with the program and as discussed with the PH GDA team
- Monitor project spending in line with project projections
- Ensure that activities and the project are implemented in accordance with the donor and TAF rules and regulations
- Coordinate with GDA PH team on the requirements of the project including programmatic needs, logistical support, establishing relations and networking responsibilities, and/or safety and security arrangements.
- Lead the collection and analysis of data for reporting to donors and stakeholders
- Ensure the effective reporting of activities and other project updates between program team and implementors
- Work with project Consultants to ensure that project activities and reports are delivered at high quality, making the most effective and efficient use of project resources.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oversee the data collection for PH program activities and ensure its consistency with overall programmatic reporting requirements
- Ensure program is implemented in compliance with TAF and donor data privacy standards
- Draft reporting requirements to the program regional hub
- Oversee and lead the localization of the Impact Assessment survey deployment and other similar program data collection activities
- Lead initiatives to improve overall program management and strategy improvement
Communications and Recruitment
- Lead communications and recruitment activities to ensure participation of local target beneficiaries
- Establish working relationships with relevant external stakeholders, including but not limited to government agencies, civil society organizations, or specialists relevant to local program activities
- Work closely with the Regional Hub or other relevant stakeholders to implement a monitor local program communication initiatives
- Drive local communication and recruitment activities
Administrative and Procurement Support
- Lead oversight of program event execution and logistical requirements
- Lead in the procurement of necessary resources for the project
- Liaise with relevant TAF units to ensure smooth processing of project requirements
- Draft Letters of Grant, Letters of Amendment, Letters of Contract and correspondence related to program activities
- Work with project implementors in developing and monitoring budgets to support technical activities, with guidance from
- Manage the relationship with other TAF grantees/implementing partners to ensure effective implementation of activities.
- Ensure timely and compliant submission of program RFPs, invoices, consultant billings, liquidations, or other business processes.
- Other job responsibilities deemed necessary that pertain to program objectives.
Prepared by: Regional Program Officer
How to apply
Accomplish and/or send your The Asia Foundation Application Form (https://tinyurl.com/TAFApplicationReqs), Resume, and other supporting documents to recruitmentPH@asiafoundation.org
#nowhiring #WorkingWithTAFPH #WorkingWithTheAsiaFoundationPH