Global Initiative for Health and Right is a Non governmental Ogarnisation, which emerged out of the direct need to comprhensivly and sustainably address the rising prevalence rate of new HIV infection amongst youths within the Niger Delta and other parts of Nigeria. The organisation with its head office in Rivers state is registered with both cooperate affairs commision and the state ministry of health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Needle and Syringe Programs’ (NSP) primary goal is to improve the health of People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs), so it is essential to deliberately seek the involvement of active PWIDs. Active PWIDs have insight into current cultural norms, practices, and needs among people who use drugs, and may be able to gain trust more easily from participants; their involvement will reinforce the program’s respect for active PWIDs. Needle and Syringe Exchange program (NSEP) can serve a number of purposes. GIHR will initiate her NSEP programs:
- Tapping into existing social networks to reach PWIDs in areas where people are not currently accessing NSEP services. This program will use peers to bridge the gap between participants and NSEP services.
- GIHR is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our program participants, feel supported. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
- NSP project cycle management
- Overall responsible for management of NSP and delivery of outputs in accordance with the contract.
- Oversee the management of the project cycle.
- Ensure that technical quality and standards are implemented during the project implementation:
- Undertake quality control:
- Analyse technical added-value and project impact;
- Set up technical evaluation exercises during and following implementation.
- Coordination with other stakeholders
- To liaise with local stakeholders, at all levels and attend relevant coordination meetings in the hotspots.
- Reporting and Communications
- Project reporting requirements:
- To ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities, both internal and external
- Set up a clear timeline of reports to be submitted to project Donors;
- Review reports and contribute to the development of financial reports through regular budgetary follow up;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
Our Ideal candidate
- First Degree in any relevant discipline.
- Experience as a Program Manager working with PWIDs in an HIV prevention and care program will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in training and capacity building through technical assistance and mentoring.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Willingness to travel within Rivers State.
- Ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Power Point.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Leter to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.