Global Initiative for Health and Right is a Non governmental Ogarnisation, which emerged out of the direct need to comprhensivly and sustainably address the rising prevalence rate of new HIV infection amongst youths within the Niger Delta and other parts of Nigeria. The organisation with its head office in Rivers state is registered with both cooperate affairs commision and the state ministry of health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Needle and Syringe Programs’ (NSP) primary goal is to improve the health of People Who Inject Drugs (PWIDs), so it is essential to deliberately seek the involvement of active PWIDs. Active PWIDs have insight into current cultural norms, practices, and needs among people who use drugs, and may be able to gain trust more easily from participants; their involvement will reinforce the program’s respect for active PWIDs. Needle and Syringe Exchange program (NSEP) can serve a number of purposes. GIHR will initiate her NSEP programs:
- Tapping into existing social networks to reach PWIDs in areas where people are not currently accessing NSEP services. This program will use peers to bridge the gap between participants and NSEP services.
- GIHR is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of our community. This will help ensure our employees, our program participants, feel supported. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
- Assist the Senior M&E Officer in the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, as well as the timely submission of complete reports.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to various hotspots
- Assist with collation and processing of weekly and monthly reports
- Maintain strong data quality, including implementing data quality assessments (DQAs) on a periodic basis with approved tools.
- Maintain accurate documentation of M&E records and ensure their secure storage and simple retrieval.
- Collect relevant baseline and final data in conjunction with technical support teams.
- Ensure Program data is entered across all reporting platforms
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
- First Degree in any relevant discipline.
- Experience working in the implementation and management of health strategic information systems (HIV/AIDS programming preferred).
- Basic data management and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring.
- High- level computer skills using MS Excel and MS Access
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Leter to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.