WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Date of Issue: 15th May 2023 Closing Date: 28th May 2023
Why Join WFP?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 618 employees who contribute towards making Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
What Will You Do?
- Support procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes and contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Contribute to analysis of data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Support auditing of procurement activities by collating the necessary information for recommendations to be responded to appropriately to ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Guide and supervise a limited number of more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with simple analysis and queries.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Any other duties as required.
Do You Meet the Minimum Requirements?
Education: University degree in Commerce, Business Administration or other relevant field. And advanced degree and CIPS qualifications is an added advantage.
Experience: At least one (1) year of postgraduate professional experience;
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali language
Are you competent for this job? Do you have
- Ability to work independently on analytical and technical matters with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to deliver timely high-quality deliverables.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Negotiation Skills
- Critical Thinking ability to analyse situations and make decisions based on on-hand information
- Strong analytical and report writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, etc)
- Training and Capacity Strengthening skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration:1 year (Initial)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for Applications: 28th May 2023
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. WFP is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment