The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Requisition ID: req28532
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for picking and packing of drugs from shelves, updating bin cards as stock been removed, updating warehouse register and issuing waybills and recording of temperature twice daily at IRC Warehouse Maiduguri.
- In close collaboration with the WH pharma inventory officer, support the release of stocks to program
- Support with rearrangement of pharmaceuticals on shelves and pallets
- Update stock cards and bin cards
- Update warehouse register
- Issuing of waybills and retrieving them back as they are retuned
- Scanning of delivery reports and share with the WH officer
- Records WH temperatures and humidity twice daily
Key Working Relationships:
- Keep daily WH transaction records up to date
- Conduct physical checks and report short expiries to the Pharmacy officer
- Position Reports to: Senior Health Officer
- Position directly supervises: none
- Indirect Reporting: Pharma warehouse inventory officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Health (Clinical Outreach Staff, Doctors, Midwives, Health/Rep Health Managers Pharmacy Manager) and other sectors (WPE, M&E, Governance, Finance, Supply Chain
- External: Other partners- NGO’s, Vendors, MOH etc
- Certificate or Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology or related course and at least 2 years working experience in the relevant humanitarian setting is preferred.
- Experience in warehousing and humanitarian setting is highly recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- NGO work experience is an advantage.
- Able to communicate in English language (written and spoken); Knowledge of local languages is a plus
- Additional qualities: team worker, be flexible, and adaptability to transitions
Strength / Skills:
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others, strong sense of personal integrity
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Working Environment: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive Monthly salary.
- Health Insurance Coverage for staff and family.
- Annual earned leave days.
- Pension scheme.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.