Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols, and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks and using cold chain when needed.
- Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Coordinate the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the Supply department.
- Plan and supervise monthly physical inventories and help identify stock discrepancy sources.
- Ensure follow-up, storage, distribution and documentation of controlled drugs according to MSF protocols and Nigeria regulations.
- Ensure appropriate record keeping for controlled drugs as per the Nigeria regulations.
Data Management and Analysis, Documentation:
- Audit stock cards and isystock records and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure correct recording and archiving of all pharmaceutical movements (International supplies, loan, donations, local purchase, packing lists, etc).
- Optimise organisation of the pharmacy warehouse according to MSF protocols / SOPs to facilitate order preparation, access, optimal storage and more.
- Identify, plan and optimise daily worker use for warehouse management, in collaboration with Supply team.
- Ensure timely registration renewal of personal Pharmacy license.
- Participate in pharmacy-related training of Pharmacy and Supply teams, and reinforce SOPs (Good Pharmacy Management Practice, Good Distribution Practice, Good Storage Practice, Cold Chain management, and more).
- Essential, Degree in Pharmacy Management and license from Pharmacy Council of Nigeria.
- Essential – At least 2 years certified work experience in a similar role.
- Desirable – MSF experience in a similar position.
Competences / Skills:
- Microsoft Office Literacy, result and quality oriented, good communication, Time management, Data analysis and stress management skills are essential.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The Application must include:
- Complete CV with Cover letter and copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV
- Applicant Contact details and ID, and contact of references mentioned in the application
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.