Shell Foundation is an independent UK-registered charity, founded by Shell in 2000, that creates and scales business solutions to enhance access to energy and affordable transport. They exist to serve the low-income communities most affected by these issues. They provide patient support to social enterprises and institutions capable of delivering social change at scale across Africa and Asia via disruptive technologies or business models without long-term reliance on charitable support or subsidy. Shell Foundation acts like an investor, in taking a hands-on “more than money” approach, through which they achieve both social impact and the financial sustainability of our partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Advisor
Contract type: Permanent
About the Job
- Prospectus is pleased to be supporting Shell Foundation as they seek a Business Development Advisor to help grow enterprises and institutions that will help people and business in Sub Saharan Africa and India get access to reliable, clean energy sources in areas where communities have no or unreliable energy.
- The Business Development Advisor will assist with the management of a portfolio of Shell Foundation partners who are working to increase Access to Energy, increasing the availability of Productive Use Energy Assets or growing sustainable mobility solutions.
- You will work with a portfolio of around 6 enterprises by assessing and delivering a package of financial and hands-on support; providing grant funding supporting in areas such Business Model development, strategy, new market entry, capital raising, financial analysis and human resources to help them achieve long term social impact and financial sustainability.
- You will go on to extract lessons from the success or failure of these organisations and communicate these in order for others to build on these lessons and catalyse growth or share failure to help others repeating mistakes.
- From this, as the Business Development Advisor you will identify market failures and opportunities for new business models that can reduce barriers to Access to Energy and mobility companies.
- The next Business Development Advisor will be a passionate and entrepreneurial business professional with experience of venture building, stakeholder management as well as coaching and mentoring of senior management teams .
- You will possess practical experience of business disciplines in marketing, finance, business development and related fields and experience of working in Sub Saharan Africa or India with enterprises serving low income consumers.
- To be successful in this role you will hold a committed interest and exposure to sustainable development and social investment.
Dependant on Location
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instruction and Notice
- To apply please submit your CV in the first instance. Should your experience be suitable, we will send you the full job description and will arrange for a call to brief you on the role and next steps.
- Shell Foundation takes safeguarding all people seriously.
- Applicants will be expected to disclose if there are any impediments to them taking on this role, including any previous allegations or convictions for inappropriate behaviour.
- All offers of engagement or employment with Shell Foundation will be subject to satisfactory Safeguarding checks and references.
- As a specialist Recruitment Practice, Prospectus is committed to building inclusive and diverse organisations, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.