Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Pulka, Borno
Starting Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: 10 months (with possible extension)
- Under the supervision of the Health PM, the Pharmacist shall ensure the overall functioning of the PUI Base Pharmacies and an adequate supply of quality medicines and medical equipment to PUI projects/pharmacies on the field.
- He must ensure proper pharmaceuticals management (storage, distribution, inventory and consumption) for the entire Base, both at the operational bases and health structures supported.
- The supply chain of medicines must be safe, reliable and documented at all levels.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Data Collection, Treatment And Analysis:
- Monthly supervise the data collection (in / out, consumption) of bases and Health Centres and their data entry
- Ensures delivery of drugs and supplies to various sites/ facilities and appropriate use of the management document (inventory records, delivery notes, computer tools etc.)
- Ensures first aid kits/pep kits are refilled
- Be able to provide at any given time reliable information on stock, consumption, use of medicines and health products for each project.
- Maintenance of temperature/humidity for drugs
Supply Management Of Bases and Health Structures:
- Supervise the delivery and receipt of goods and the quality control of drugs received.
- Inform logistics and medical services in the event of non-compliance.
- Participate in the preparation, distribution planning, transport and delivery from central stock to bases.
- Collaborate with the supply chain department to ensure the good delivery and receipt of goods and the quality control of drugs received
- Inform in advance and work with logistics department for the organization of transport of drugs to bases.
- Supervises the monthlyphysical inventory and conduct random checkings. In case of discrepancies between physical inventory and theoretical stock, investigate and inform the Mission Pharmacist.
- Ensure a proper storage (especially conditions of temperature, humidity, light and safety), ordered (storage, classification, labelling) and secure (key access) according to the PUI Pharmacy procedures.
- Ensures that storage conditions are in line with national legislation, in particular for narcotic and psycho active drugs.
- Monitor stock management of the bases pharmacies and health facilities (in collaboration with project managers).
- Ensures the understanding and application of procedures and tools used at the base level and health facilities supported.
- Supervise the stock management of particular pharmacies (vehicles, first aid kits, etc..). Inform the Mission Pharmacist in case of irrational consumption.
- Ensure that expired or damaged items are properly put in quarantine and ensures their effective destruction.
- Ensure pharmacovigilance including the immediate report of any problem with the quality of a drug in accordance with PUI pharmaceutical management procedures.
Capacity Building and Training:
- Participate in the training and technical support to the Base Pharmacists and/or Pharmacy Assistants, and the staff in charge of pharmacies at PHCC and ORPs: stock management, rational use, substitution, analysis of consumption of health facilities
- Train all staff working in the pharmacy aspect on rational use of drugs and proper Pharmaceutical waste management
- Strengthen the capacity of health facilities teams, so that they can assume their duties independently and can be critical in terms of consumption
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Bachelor Degree / Certificate in Pharmacist (Registered with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria).
- Significant professional experience in working as a Pharmacist
- Experience of working in a NGO/INGO
- Experience in team management
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Strong report writing and computer skills (must be competent in Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive, etc.
- Commitment to and understanding of PUI’s aims, values and principles
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political, religious and economic aspects of the community.
Knowledge and skills:
- Great moral and ethical sense
- Able to work in a stressful environment and move around to work in Health Facilities
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work independently
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Confidentiality require for safety of people,
- Property and Financial data of the mission –
- Ensures a positive image of the organisation –
- Honesty & integrity,
- Strong Organizational skills
- ability to adapt and develop self
- High availability
- Ability to work in a team
- Good reporting skills.
Application Closing Date
13th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online