Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) is a National registered NGO with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 25643 and has been in operation for over 10 years. Our mission is to work with the poor and socially excluded people and the government for the promotion of environmental and human rights protection in communities in Nigeria, aimed at poverty reduction through education, information sharing, research, training and direct impact interventions are in humanitarian emergency response and development, with a physical presence in Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Abuja, Cross River, Akwa Ibom States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Adolescent and Sexual Reproductive Health Officer (ASRH)
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- Work closely with the GBV Manager to mainstream ASRH into other sectors including WASH.
- Conduct capacity building training for partner staff on ASRH programming with support from GBV program manager.
- Work closely with health sector, Ministry of Health Borno State and other health partners to ensure close coordination of activities and best practices.
- Conduct regular supportive field monitoring visits to partner locations and support GREENCODE GBV team on activities, coordination and implementation.
- Work closely with ASRH officers, other sectors-WASH officers to assess ASRH risk/issues and update supervisors, whereas working closely with the GBV/ASRH manager to address issues identified
- Conduct ASRH risk mapping and GBV safety audits in project locations closely with other project teams, including senior GBV officers, senior WASH officers.
- Provide timely feedback on the ongoing activities to supervisor and work closely to address any issue as identified during implementation.
- Contribute to GBV ASRH strategy development ensuring ASRH component of the program is fully captured.
- Lead the contextualization of ASRH materials developed at GREENCODE – other existing materials including training materials and IEC.
- Develop plans for effective implementation for ASRH activities.
- Manage/supervise ASRH support staff and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- A B.Sc in Nursing, Master’s Degree in Public Health or its related field
- 2 – 5 years of working experience and implementing ASRH programme in emergencies.
- Strong experience in GBV programming an advantage
- Strong understanding of gender equality principles
- Strong Knowledge and skills in providing CMR is required.
- Strong experience in supportive monitoring programs
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Has excellent planning and well organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Fluency in English and Hausa
- Fluency in Kanuri, Shuwa will be an added advantage
- Good experience working in Northeast Nigeria especially knowledge working in Dikwa will be an added advantage.
- Experience in implementing gender-transformative approaches to health
- Flexible and can adapt to prevailing environment.
- Comfortable living and working in Dikwa.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within GREENCODE and amongst beneficiaries served by GREENCODE.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout GREENCODE.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of GREENCODE and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and request for competency form, fill and submit the competency form to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff.
- Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applicants must be resident in Dikwa or its environs and available to relocate to the project location (Dikwa) and speaks the local language (Hausa and Kanuri) fluently.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.