1. To monitor the schedules and timelimes of polio program Somalia Emergency Action Plan (SEAP)to ensure that current POLIO circulations are stopped in timely manner.
2. Provide secretarial support, ensure effective communication and coordination at the national level under outbreak response, including drafting necessary emails, letters and MEMOs.
3. Coordinate and setup Coordination meetings technically and operationally with response polio eradication partners and prepare necessary presentation materials to ensure the timely implementation of POLIO activities.
4. Provide technical assistance in the collection, collation, analysis, presentation and utilization of outbreak-related data and information
5. Support the microplanning of National Immunization days “NID” campaigns in the country to respond to Current Circulating Vaccine Drive POLIO Virus “cVDPVs”.
6. Assist in tracking the status of actions taken during coordination meetings, including partners’ activity in outbreak response.
7. Collect required data and prepare data-driven presentations following the finalization of outbreak response activities.
8. Coordinate closely with the FMOH, WHO, and UNICEF Country Offices to finalize meeting agenda, share minutes among partners and stakeholders, and follow up implementation of agreed-on action points.
9. Ensure that all documentations are maintained and archived in a retrievable manner.
10. Prepare and share a monthly progress report with the stakeholders, including GPEI, highlighting challenges in outbreak response, meetings outcomes, actions taken and impact.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Medicine or Public Health
Essential experience: At least one year of experience in project management and coordination
Desirable experience: experience in POLIO eradication programme is a plus
Type of Contract: UNOPS
Level: LICA 8 ( Equivalent to NOA)
Number of openings: 2
How to apply
Please send your updated CV to:
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: Outbreak Coordination Cell National Officer- Mogadishu