THE ROLE AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
These jobs are found in Headquarters (HQ), Regional Bureaux (RBs) and Country Offices (COs), and report to the Regional/Division/Country Director or the designate. Job holders are likely to lead and advise on services with a wide organisational reach, for example supporting several WFP regions, or operating in a CO where the complexity of meeting food assistance needs is high. They manage a team of staff and lead partnership building in and outside of WFP.
Purpose of the Assignment:
To lead, oversee and coordinate all Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities contributing to the establishment and presentation of standard and consistent operating picture of WFP operations and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate the development of systems and tools that support effective OIM, performance reporting and inter-agency information management in line with WFP and UN policies and practices. Identify gaps and challenges in existing OIM & PR systems and devise solutions to be implemented.
- Provide technical advice, governance and oversight to RBs and COs on the integration of OIM & performance reporting policies and guidance into established systems to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
- Oversee and approve the information collated from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximise the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Oversee and approve the collation, drafting and dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure a Common Operational Picture is achieved in the organisation.
- Oversee and approve the collation of, analysis, and communication of the ‘Essential Elements of Information, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of the Annual Country Report (ACR), including its writing, for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, M&E and logistics functions to coordinate and ensure coherence and quality of information.
- Build functional networks and collaborate with counterparts in other UN agencies and partners to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information management.
- Collaborate cross-functionally supporting the performance of activities and ensuring an aligned and consistent approach to information management, analysis and performance reporting.
- Lead the strategy to enhance the capacity of WFP staff, partners and governments to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting through coordinating the conduct of disaster management simulations and the provision of relevant training.
- Manage a team of OIM staff and/or head a Performance Reporting Unit, providing coaching and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Lead the process of defining and implementing Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Lead the development of OIM and performance-related normative guidance and training as required. Lead initiatives for developing improved, streamlined and harmonised OIM & performance reporting.
- Lead the development, implementation and assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
- Support the CO in emergencies by overseeing the preparation, organization and support for Operational Task Forces (OTFs) and ensuring accurate reporting and dissemination of decision-making to COs, RBs and HQ.
- Take responsibility for an equitable and inclusive workplace which incorporates all dimensions of the WFP diversity and inclusion framework.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least eight years or more (of which three international) of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
- Fluency (level C) in the English language.
- Fluency (Level C) in the French language.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse and interpret large amounts of information, drawing out the key messages.
- Demonstrated application and synthesis of acquired knowledge including application in the inter-agency context.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate insights to senior stakeholders in and outside of WFP. Familiar with the Annual Country Reporting exercise, and if possible UNSDSF.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop teams.
- Knowledge of common business principles and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP-specific processes and systems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Dakar, Senegal to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at [email protected] in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
How to apply
Follow this link to learn more about this opportunity and apply : https://bit.ly/3zs6PCu