Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Reporting to: Emergency Coordinator
Proposed start date: August 2022
Duration: 6 months
Work location: Sokoto, Sokoto State
Starting Basic Salary: 718,840 NGN per month (excluding other benefits)
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with Action against Hunger, country and international standards;
- In collaboration with the Nutrition and Health HOD, support the development of strategies addressing the problems linked to poor health and malnutrition in the Northeast region;
- In collaboration with Nutrition and Health HOD/DHOD ensure continued review of remote management strategy based on the evolving context, work closely with relevant Government agencies to ensure quality in implementation of remotely managed programs;
- Support the Institutional Capacity Building Engagement DPM on identification of gap for health facilities using HSS lens and planning improvement plans based HSS components;
- Monitoring the budget and targets achieved with reference to the project proposal, and making any necessary adjustments in consultation with the Finance Manager in the base and the Area Coordinator;
- Contribute monthly budget forecast and budget review including monthly BFU review;
- Sharing information on a regular basis with the Area Coordinator and the Program Managers in charge of Mental Health and Care Practices, Food Security and Livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene in order to promote the development of an integrated approach;
- Representing nutritional and health issues at the level of the programme and the geographical area of intervention in the state and LGA coordination meetings, meetings with the authorities and visits by funding bodies and partners;
- Ensuring that the relationship established with partners respects the principles and values of Action against Hunger partnership policy (currently being developed: trust, respect, common purpose, complementarity, transparency, mutual dependency and shared learning…);
- Prepares and share for technical review monthly activity progress report (APR) both qualitative and quantitative using AAH standard APR templates validated by Nutrition and Health HoD/DHoD and MEAL team, this should also integrate all indicators to be reported to donors.
- Master’s degree in MPH with strong background in nutrition program planning & management, nutrition in emergency, development studies or other related field with more than 5 years’ experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, Food Science/Technology or other related courses with more than 5 years’ experience in nutrition program management can also apply;
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment;
- Three years relevant work experience in a similar position;
- Excellent report writing skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Fluency in Hausa preferably.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply