Nurse of the Medical Services Unit
Job Announcement : 27 / Apr / 2023
Date of cancellation of publication : May 15, 2023, 21:59:00
Organizational Unit: RLC
Type of position : Temporary work
Requisition Type: PSA ( Personal Service Agreements )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Chile-Santiago
Duration: 11 renewable months
Post Number: N / A
_ FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, has a policy of zero tolerance for conduct inconsistent with its statute, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All successful candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The Medical Services nurse will work full-time at the FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC), in Santiago, Chile, Monday through Friday.
The nurse will work under the general supervision of the RLC Administration Officer and the direct supervision of the FAO Medical Advisor, in conjunction with various relevant actors in the Organization.
Field of specialization
Tasks and responsibilities
The nurse will be in charge of collaborating in the promotion of health activities and carrying out health monitoring and preventive actions, focusing on the following main tasks:
- As part of the Medical Service, make the corresponding adjustments in Health activities according to contingencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic or any other unforested event, as well as carry out actions that tend towards a healthy lifestyle, always promoting a good working environment in the Office. Regional.
- Follow up on internal cases of COVID-19, in accordance with the protocols established in RLC, including providing guidance and implementing prevention measures within FAO facilities.
- Clinical assistance in case of emergencies, emergencies or work accidents that may occur within the FAO depends and its proper referral to the FAO doctor or specialized health services.
- Together with the Security team, you will collaborate in the implementation of preventive campaigns and training related to the spread of COVID-19 within the Office, both the preparation of reports on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic in Chile and the collaboration in actions and corporate responses to COVID-19 and FAO Medical Service guidelines
- Participate in working groups and in the preparation of proposals, as well as support in the execution of the various activities scheduled throughout the year, including the organization of group and individual activities for health prevention and awareness at the local level, the Health Education Program , the Wellness Program, among others.
- Collaboration in the tasks of preventive medical programs and in attention to morbidity criteria of FAO employees.
- Support various campaigns, such as individual health and a healthy environment, training of Brigade members in first aid and pulmonary resuscitation, United Nations vaccination, among others.
- Participate with the Medical Advisor in the development of strategies, follow-up and accompaniment of officials with Medical Licenses, safeguarding due confidentiality at all times.
- Collaborate in the analysis, follow-up and accompaniment of the beneficiaries of the health insurance.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Nursing professional degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in clinical work and management. Significant clinical management experience.
- Knowledge in preparing documents or reports.
- Native/advanced knowledge of Spanish (level C) and practical knowledge of English (level B)
- National of Chile or with work permit in the country
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all, and integrity and transparency.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application submission deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider degrees or academic credentials obtained at an educational institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For all other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
HOW TO APPLY Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT