CDD | 6 months | ASAP
For thirty years, the international NGO Acted has been working on the last kilometer of humanitarian action to save lives. Acted currently supports 20 million people in 43 countries to meet their needs in hard-to-reach areas, and pursues a triple humanitarian, environmental and development role. Acted relies on a detailed knowledge of local territories and contexts to develop and implement long-term actions, with a wide range of local and international partners, in order to build together a world “ 3ZERO ”: Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, Zero Poverty
Acted responds to the humanitarian needs of particularly vulnerable displaced populations in the Diffa and Tillabery regions. This situation, linked to the conflict in northern Mali or the crisis in Lake Chad, is weighing on the pre-existing basic services and natural resources of the’ host populations. Since 2012,’Acted teams have been mobilizing with water and’sanitation programmes, and with projects to support economic and agricultural resilience.
Main role and responsibilities
The/the Country Transparency and Compliance Manager is a key member of the’ country management team. He/she is responsible for audit management of’Acted in the country and under the authority of the Country Director.
He/She is in charge of (i) controlling, through a risk-based audit approach, the implementation of the Acted processes in accordance with the’Acted ‘procedure Guides , donor-specific procedures, best practices and national legislation in the country concerned; (ii) develop and actively contribute to’action plans to mitigate risks identified with country coordination, and, manage priorities, budget constraints and organizational context.
He/She provides technical support and works to build the capacity of the FLATS teams in the country to implement the’action plan and solve problems.
He/She also provides technical support for strategic external donor audits in the preparation and follow-up of due diligence.
He/She shall comply and shall ensure compliance with the audit code of conduct.
Internal Audit Management
- Implement the approved national plan for internal’audit: conduct and supervise internal’audit missions by adopting a risk management approach
- Control the implementation of the standard’Acted guides and the FLAT system in the capital, areas and at partner level
- Control compliance with the country’s rules and legislation
- Provide support to mitigate identified risks « high risks »
External audit : S’ ensure the follow-up and preparation of external audits and due diligence
Training sessions / lessons learned / best practices
- Training and skills building
- Contribute to proactive dissemination and’ use of lessons learned
- Process improvement
Qualifications and skills required
- Higher degree in Audit, Finance, Management Control, International relations, law or in connection with the proposed position ;
- 3 To 4 years of’ experience in auditing (external and/or internal), finance, logistics, administration or law ;
- Prior experience in the field of’Humanitarian aid and development is an asset ;
- Strong management and training skills ;
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills ;
- Know how to show flexibility, dynamism,’ autonomy ;
- Ability to work under stress and pressure ;
- Excellent level in English, written and spoken ;
- Previous experience abroad’ is an asset.
- Salary defined by the Acted salary grid according to the level of’studies,’expertise, the level of safety and the level of experience : between 3000 and 3200 € monthly net (before income taxes)
- Monthly living expenses allowance 300$
- Guesthouse accommodation and food supported by Acted
- Social security, mutual insurance (MSH) and repatriation assistance (SOS International) supported by Acted
- Transport to the mission and return ticket fully supported every 6 months (to the’address specified on the employment contract)
- Visa fees supported by Acted
- R&R every 3 months (aircraft ticket’ supported up to’ 500$ + additional allowance of 200$)
- One week of preparation for departure including 4 days of immersion safety training
- Possibility of’having a call of 30 minutes with a consultant in taxation
- Psychological support (meet with a professional.le)
How to apply
Send your application (CV and cover letter) by email (email@example.com), under reference : T&CM/NIG
Please note that Acted does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process.